Wishing for Finality

Carlos
Another shove. Another predicted statement of how I'm not wanted here or anywhere. At least soon it'll all be over.
"Leave me alone," I mutter, scowling at the trio which made my one safe place as bad as anywhere else.
"You can't tell us what to do," Mal states, arms crossing over her chest, a green glow appearing in her eyes. I scoff.
"Why not? You can't do anything to make my life worse," I state, flatly. "So why not be honest with my last day being stuck near you three?" And I said too much. Hopefully they don't get the double meaning.
"Yes we ca- what do you mean last day?" Jay asks, getting exactly to what I didn't want them to get to.
"Nothing," I mutter and try to walk away.

Mal grabs my arm right on the latest cuts, stopping me.
"Answer the question," she replies, sternly.
"Why?" I snap, finally completely loosing my temper. "Why should I tell you?  You hate me so you'd be the last people I tell. You want to make my life a living hell and want me dead so congratulations, you succeeded. Happy? Leave me alone." Mal gapes, looking surprised that I dare worked up the nerve to stand up to her.
"What do you mean dead? You aren't dead," Mal states, crossing her arms. Oh shit.
"Nothing," I mutter. Idiot. When does anyone ever believe that? It's clearly something. I quickly walk off and once round a corner sprint off out of the school, ignoring the sound of someone calling 'wait'.

Like hell I'll 'wait'. I have a plan and no-one is going to screw it up for me. Honestly I don't think anyone would care enough to stop me, no-one wants me alive so why not stop wishing for finality? Why not, instead, make it happen?

                    -------------------

Just jump. It's not anything difficult.

I stare at the concreate below me- a jump will kill me. Sweet release. So why am I frozen? I want this. Death will be good. No more being hurt and wishing everyday that it'll be over.
"CARLOS!" I hear a voice yell, they sound panicked. Now or never then. I take a deep breath and step forward over the edge.

A hand grabs me by my arm, stopping my fall. Who?? Why?? They pull me up, panicked dark eyes meeting mine. Jay?? But he hates me?
"Let go," I order, full of anger. I finally worked up the nerve to end it and he had to ruin it. Does he really hate me that much?
"No!" Jay yells back. "I'm not going to let you die!"
"Why not?!" I yell back, trying to squirm out his grip. He may be stronger than me but I'm faster and desperate and I feel his grip loosen.
"Sorry Carlos..." he says, quietly. Something hard hits the back of my head, a burst of pain and everything goes black.

Jay
I lower the unconcious form to the floor, feeling sick. What have we done? Have we realy hurt someone so much they want to die?
"Jay. You stopped him?" Mal asks, both girls out of breath.
"Yep...it was tricky," I reply, frowning slightly. "I had to knock him out. What do we do? We can't leave him here?"
"We'll take him to where we hang out," Mal decides. "Then we can keep an eye on him."