Bags of Stress

Jay
"Are we going too far?" Evie asks. Mal and I look up from our lunch in curiosity. "With Carlos. I know we're evil but by now everyone knows that. It it really necessary to keep at it?" I look at Mal, wondering if Evie has a point. It definitely seems to be impacting him a lot more than I thought it would.
"We can't stop now," Mal states matter of factly but I swear I see guilt flicker in her eyes momenterily. "If we do people will wonder why and think we gave in due to weakness and mercy. My mother is 'mildly impressed' so I'm not stopping now. Still with me?" I nod.
"Yeah," Evie replies. She means it to as, at that moment, Carlos walks by. His posture is slumped and his gaze set determinedly down, as if he wants us to not notice his presence. Evie trips him, sending him to the floor with the glass of water he was holding that goes all over his shoes.

He sighs, picking himself up, still not standing up for himself, before trying to leave. Mal stands up and blocks his way.
"We want a word, Runt," she states. He chews on his lip and stays where he is. "Sit down." He doesn't and Mal's eyes flash dangerously. "I said to sit." I shove him roughly on a chair, he winces slightly.
"What do you want?" he asks flatly.
"You to do our homework." Mal replies. I know it'll give us more time to be evil so I see why this is her latest move. Carlos looks ready to protest so I cut in.
"If you don't you'll see how nice we're being at the moment and we'll show you how evil we can be." I'm lying but fear flickers in Carlos' eyes and he just nods.
"Fine," he agrees, voice barely above a whisper.

Carlos
One paragraph left. I stare at the clock numbly, 4:00am. In a hour and a half I'm meant to get up and begin my chires before school so I should have hone to bed four hours ago after finjshing chores. Instead I'm sat here doing their homework like the coward I am. I feel myself dropping off again and pinch myself. My head pounds from exhaustion and I feel my heart's pound in my chest. Each time I blink my eyes stat closed longer and it's becoming increasingly difficult to do this. It's been a week since their order and since then I've had a total of fifteen and a half hours sleep.

I finsh my answer and put the paper in my bag before lying down on my place amongst the traps.

                ---------------------------

I stare at the toast I made for breakfast and my stomach luches. I just make it to the toilet in time to be sick, only acid comimg out at this stage. In recent weeks I've found it even harder to eat. I've concluded it must be stress which causes this. I want to eat but I can't. I groan and pick myself up, swirling my mouth out with water then mouthwash to gwt rid of the taste and so no one at school will smell it and bully me more fir it.