Victim

Carlos
"Being a victim is weakness. It shows you're not strong enough to face adversiry or fight back. You may be a victim physically or emotionally but neither is good enough especially for a villian," the teacher states. Another example of me not being good enough. Isn't this a bit hypocritical anyway? We're all trapped here and that makes everyone here a victim. Of course I don't say that, it'd just annoy everyone and even more people would bully me. I don't think I can take much more without going as insane as my mother. I try to remember why we're studying this... right. Evil 101. The one class I've never got above a C in.

Once class ends I predict the trio will follow me which they do, one pfythem shoving me from behind again. I just nanage to regain my balance. Another shove, this one harder, knocking me against a wall. Here we go again...

"So, Runt, concidered dropping out of school so noone has to put up with a burden like you?" Evie asks, mockingly.
"No," I say, quietly, forcing myself to not show how hurt I am by the words. I don't know how to make them stop but I don't want to encourage them.
"Why not? No one wants you around," Jay states. I look to the floor and remain silent. I know. "You don't belong here or anywhere."

I'm seeing at least some of my teacher's point. I feel so weak and helpless being the victim to these three and my mother day in and day out. I feel several punches but barely notice among my thoughts then I see them leave.

                      -----------------------

I wince as I wrap the coil of bandage around myself, trying to stop the knife marks mum gave me on my back to stop bleeding. She was bored and was going to keep going, doing whatever she wanted until she was no longer bored, but some guy called by. Noone exactly dates on the Isle. It's more... eh... activity.

I hear the front door close and quickly pull on my shirt as she comes into the fur room, hiding the roll of bandage.
She seems...calmer....than usual after that. She probably used up a lot of energy with what they were doing quite loudly. I would have gone out if I'd been allowed to.

"I'm going to the pub," she states. "I want you to clean the house and make dinner by the time I get back. If you don't it's the cane for you."
"Yes Mother," I say with a small nod.

Being a victim is weakness. It shows you're not strong enough to face adversiry or fight back. At least for me it's true.