Difference

Carlos
"Where the fuck were you?" my mother screeches, grabbing a fistful of my shirt and slamming me against the wall. She presses a blade into my arm. "Answer the fucking question!"
"Trying to be evil?" I lie. I can barely tell her the truth.
"Liar," she hisses. Her smirk grows slightly. "No matter. There is a way you can definitely make up for it. I have been exceptionally bored recently." Her hand wraps tightly in my hair as she slams my head against the wall, immediately dizzying me. I land on the ground and struggle to get up: she's going to get what she wants again.

                         --------------

It's lunchtime- someone shoves me against the wall.
"Looks like they aren't using their punchbag today," they say. I think they're the son of Gaston. Right asshole and a total idiot. "You do seem to be a fun punchbag to use. I'm sure they won't mind sharing." His fist swings into my stomach.
"Leave him alone," Jay says, turning the corner with Mal and Evie. "Carlos, you okay?"
"Uh...yes?" I reply, trying to figure out why they're being nice.
"Now," Mal says, turning on the confused looking person who keeps me against the locker. "Leave him alone. You don't want to annoy us." He stalks off.

"Thanks," I say, cautiously, wondering why they stood up for me. They probably don't want to share their punchbag.
"Sure you're okay?" Jay asks. I nod. The punch I just got barely stings compared to the slices down my arms that she gave me last night when I tried to struggle. Empathis on the tried she easily got what she wanted again and invited her 'friends' round. Clearly they accepted the offer seeing as she was angry enough not to make them pay. I fight a shudder at the thought.

"Want to grab some food with us?"Evie asks.
"I'm good. Not hungry," I say. I still can't eat without being sick. Besides, Mother doesn't want me to eat too much so I have less energy to fight back after doing chores. Plus why would I want to sit with them?
"Anway," I say. "I'd better go."
"Go where?" Mal  asks. I shrug. "Besides how are you not hungry? We never see you at lunch anymore."
"Just come get some food," Evie adds. Well there's no getting out of this.

I just get a glass of water- thankfully it's boiled so almost all germs are out of it.
"We said food..." Evie mumbles. I ignore her and sip at the water. I'm fairly sure being sick right now may rise some alarms with the now nice bullies. It may be weird but this small difference of not being a punchbag is nice.