Chapter 17--Let's Get Down to Business

PT day, yay. We get to run around in the forest absolutely all day and trip over each other and sneak off and kiss behind trees, well, I want that last thing to happen it may not. we shall see. Tyrell mouthed to me at breakfast that he wanted to meet later so I'm hoping he's got something fun planned otherwise I really don't want to have a concillabule. I do hate organized physical fitness. I do hate organization. Other than my own.

**

Titus looks rather thoughtful this morning. Thoughtful in a self satisfied way. Funny I know he hates organized physical fitness. He hates any organization other than his own. I wonder if he's going to try to sneak off into the trees to snog. Probably. I might go along with it if I'd thought of it first but since he looks like he did I may not. Or I may. Snogging in the forest might be fun.

**

I wonder if I'll be able to pull Tyrell off to kiss someplace private. Probably not, he keeps looking at Titus like he wants to sneak off with him. Well fine. Let him have fun with his little boyfriend. I'll try to corner that juicy looking Leavitt. Back from IDMT, again. He's becoming a regular there. of course the MTIs haven't told us anything about whether he's crazy or not or if there really was somebody baked into the pies. And there's no sign of the missing cadet either.

**

They tell us to march, so I march. They tell us to stop so I stop. it's all very faint. I just listen for Titus's voice he tells me what to do and I do and everything's okay.

**

Peter seems to be doing much better this morning. Card School of Brainwashing was an unparalled success. My only regret is I don't have enough of the stuff left to do it Tyrell. Something about him disturbs me. I know that I am one of the darkest evils in this Universe, but there's something deeper in him. It's unorganized. An unorganized madness that knows no bounds. There are many little things that made me come to this conclusion but the main bit of evidence is this. He ate the pie. When the others vomited, he did not. I spit it out, it was the only intelligent thing to do, under the circumstances. After all, who would want to be labeled a witting cannibal? A madman. I don't label him as mad, mind you, because of the cannibalsism, I don't begrudge a man experimenting. But to do it in a way that could so easily lead to his capture? Oh no that's against my rules. and I think we know what happens to people who break my rules.

**

I'm so terrible at running and everything I hate PT day. Titus doesn't look happy either. But then again he can never knock me down in combat so he always gets a bad score which makes him sad. He likes being good at everything. That's something we have in common, I guess.

"Titus, can you give me any tips to help me run faster?" I ask, cautiously. He's rubbing his forehead like he does with the heels of his hands.

"Ah---breathe Logan, just breathe in your nose, and when you feel that really sick horrible feeling like you can't run anymore? Keep going," he says, helpfully.

"CARD YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE STRETCHING!!" Wilde calls.

"Yes, ma'am," Titus says, continuing what he's doing.

"YOU AREN'T!!"

"Ma'am I'm stretching my brain," he says, very politely. Tom and I smother laughter because that is exactly what he's doing.

"Card, why are you perpetually trying to get written up?" she asks, walking over.

"Ma'am, perversity of nature," he says.

"I'm not pulling a 314, because you want it so bad, get to work," she says, walking away.

**

I honestly like PT day. we get to be outside, not even Titus and his constant smart remarks antagonizing the MTIs can spoil my mood. The sun is shining, we may actually be able to lose the MTIs and go and look around, maybe sneak a kiss behind a tree, anything can happen really.