Chapter 9: The wolves

I was sitting in front of my laptop staring at the screen trying to work, I needed to do something to divert my mind. After coming back to the motel I had to beg Isaac to leave my room, just so I could spend some time alone.

I couldn't find a better place to hide from them. This place is secluded and no one comes around here often. They wouldn't know I am here, but now this shadowy thing was making me more scared. If I go back to the city they will find me, if I stay here what if the shadow finds me first.

I groaned, "wherever I go, problems are always waiting for me."

A knock interrupted me, "It's Isaac."

A smiled crept itself on my face and I opened the door looking at
a grumpy-looking Isaac, "hi," he murmured and flopped onto my bed.

I chuckled and sat beside him, "what happened to you?"

"I am tired," he pouted while holding my hand.

"Aww, do you want a massage?"

His eyes twinkled at my remark and he nodded, "you don't even have to ask, baby girl"

"Then go to a spa" I replied.

"Why? I have you why would I need to go to a spa?" He smirked.

I fake gasped, "why would I give you a massage?"

He came near my face and whispered in my ear making me shiver, "you know why."

I smacked his head looking at him with wide eyes, "so creepy, oh my God."

Isaac laughed while I also lay down beside Isaac and the room fell into a comforting silence. I closed my eyes enjoying this silence with Isaac beside me. It felt good knowing there would be someone when I will open my eyes leaving the darkness.

Suddenly, Isaac's phone rang. I looked at his sleeping form and smiled while getting up and looking at his phone. I saw the name of Liza on the screen. She was calling him.

I hesitated at first but picked up the call before I could say anything, the phone blasted with Liza's voice, "Isaac, you come back to the packhouse with Isabelle, or I will come to that filthy motel."

"Um hi Liza, it's Isabelle. Isaac is sleeping." I awkwardly said.

"Oh, shit," Liza cursed under her breath, "wait is he sleeping with you?"

My eyes got wide, "no-no he's not sleeping with- he's just he was tired so he dozed off in my room."

Liza giggled, "oh I thought - anyway how are you, Isabelle?"

"I am good, how are you and also Katie?"

"We all are good, um when Isaac wakes up, will you please ask him to call me?"

"Yes, sure," I cut the call and put the phone down, and saw Isaac who was sleeping peacefully. I sat beside him and touched his cheekbone and smiled.

"I am so lucky to have you, Isaac."

                          ***
Isaac woke up some hours ago and left because he remembered he had something to do. I also decided to complete my work, I was too focused on my laptop's screen when I heard a growling voice it startled me, and I dropped the mug I was holding.

I frowned, it was the same noise that I and Isaac both heard some days ago. My heart was beating faster, I went towards the door and locked it while looking at the door anxiously.

I could hear noises outside and I was clutching the hem of my shirt tightly. I could hear the growling more clearly. It sounded like it was coming from right behind my door. I could hear the heavy breathing.