Chapter 32: The shadows

The thundering noise was getting louder and louder "oh god, what are we gonna do now?" Darlene asked, anxiously.

"You should have thought about that, before touching the lock" I screamed in fear.

"You all should go from here" my mother quivered.

"But I am not leaving you alone," I said.

"Billy, listen to me, you have to go to your mate. He is distressed without you, and I can feel your wolf even you are anxious for him, so go to him. He will keep you safe, and you can keep him safe as well, please," my mom said looking at me.

"But-" I got cut off when I heard a growl behind me.

"Belle, I think we should listen to your mother," Nate said, quietly. I turned around, and I saw a giant made up of mud looking at us, furiously.

I started moving towards Nate and Darlene, but before I could grab Nate's hand. The giant grabbed Nate with its hand and threw him across the room. Nate's attention was on Darlene and me which made it easier for the giant to attack him.

Nate screamed in agony, I imagined a fireball in my hand and threw it over that giant, but it just fell off, and it made it more furious.

Darlene put her hand in the air and a spear pierced around the giant's neck. The giant plucked the spear out while making its way to us.

"Use water," my mother said, quietly.

"I don't know how to do that" I shouted.

"Just imagine vapors rising from the ground" she yelled.

The giant tried to grab me, but I held Darlene's hand and hurried towards Nate, and started visualizing vapors.

Suddenly, I could feel the atmosphere getting moist, I moved my hands and put the direction of those vapors on the giant which stopped him.

"Nate, please wake up. Please you have to teleport us back to the cabin, please," Darlene said while shaking Nate, frantically, but he didn't wake up.

"Belle, he's not waking up," Darlene mumbled and got up while fighting the giant, she was fast while using her magic fetching different things and attacking him with them, while the avatars which she had conjured kept the giant busy while giving me time to wake Nate.

I rest my hand on Nate's head and looked around his mind, he was unconscious, but he was fighting. I opened my eyes and punched him as fast as I could. His eyes snapped open and he glared at me than the giant.

"He's so dead," he gritted his teeth and got up, when Darlene saw him she came beside me looking startled.

Nate closed his eyes, and in a moment there was darkness surrounding him, the darkness started changing shapes till they were shaped like shadows, but these shadows weren't like the shadow I saw in the forest instead they had green eyes and a less unnerving aura around them.

Nate peeked at us with his pitched black eyes, he started moving his hands while flying above in the air, the shadows were enveloping him around, he moved his hands around and in a second the shadows surrounded the giant. The giant started grunting and throwing punches, but in a moment there was no presence of a giant left instead the shadows were flying above us.

Nate came back to the ground, closed his eyes and the shadows disappeared. He opened his blue eyes back and looked at our wide mouths, "are you guys okay?"

I came towards him and slapped his arm, "you Voldemort, you can summon demons yet you were scared of coming here."

He chuckled, "precautionary measures."

"Why didn't you teach me this?" I frowned while looking at Nate.

"It's dangerous magic, Belle," he looked at me, sadly, "it can consume you, and your soul leaving no light to enter."

Before I could say anything, Darlene securely took my mother out of the cell, "let's go now, I don't want to see another dirty giant."

I yelled, "no, I can't go back to the cabin. I need to go to Isaac."

Nate rolled his eyes, "he locked you in a room, Belle, you still want to go to him?"

I glared at him, "yes he did, but I can't leave him to die."

"He is ashamed of what he has done, he brought this attack on himself and his pack when he was trying to find you," my mother whispered.

"I can't leave him, Nate," I took a deep breath, "he's my soulmate."

"I will never understand this,"
Nate exasperated, "fine, I will take your mother to the cabin and then join you and Darlene."

He looked at me and Darlene for approval, Darlene flicked his forehead, "you come soon with your demons, or else I will turn you into one."

"Are you sure, you both are ready to fight?" Nate asked while looking at Darlene and me with concern.

"I was born ready, bitch," Darlene said with her head high.

"You don't worry about us, we will be okay," I nodded but frowned, "how would you know the location?"

Darlene whispered, "he's a stalker, he knows every place."

"I will manage," Nate shook his head disappointingly, "don't die," he murmured, and in an instant, they both disappeared leaving me and Darlene alone.

"I am not scared about fighting but scared that you will take me to a dumpster, Belle," Darlene said while scrunching her nose in disgust remembering the memory.

"I will not take you to the dumpster this time," I said while holding her hand, I took a deep breath and imagined the house in which Isaac took me.

In an instant, we were inside my old room, it was the same. Everything was placed at the same place where I left it. I could hear the voices outside.

"It's your room?" Darlene said beside me.

I nodded, "let's go and kick some asses."