Chapter 22: Dysfunctional Family.

I was sitting in the living room of that cabin where Nathaniel took me. I don't know if coming here was a good idea or a bad idea, What if they torture me or even worst use me as a sacrifice to Satan? God, why didn't I think of this before? Stupid, I am so stupid.

An old woman came and sit in front of me with a warm smile on her face, she had wrinkles on her face and had a warm aura around her which was making me feel warm, too. I looked at her with my mouth wide open.

"So I see Rosabella, you are lost in your thoughts. It's okay, I know everything is still new to you, you can ask me anything you want. I will not mind" she sat on the sofa in front of me with her legs crossed, why is she not acting like a witch?

"Why you are not acting like a witch?" I blurted out but my cheeks got red after realizing what I have said.

"You mean, I should dress like a hobo with green paint all over my body and should wear different types of symbolic jewelry?" she looked amused at my bluntness.

"Nah, I-I uh, I am so sorry, ma'am. I was just curious," I said, apologetically.

"No, don't call me ma'am. We are not being formal, here. I am Selena" she smiled, wholeheartedly

"Um okay, Selena" I whispered, "I don't understand anything."

She sighed, "I know, you are not aware of anything, Rosabella, but you need to be aware of what has happened and what is about to happen."

I nodded and she continued, "you are a witch, Rosabella."

I started laughing, hysterically, tears were running from my eyes because of laughing too hard. I wiped my tears, "is this Hogwarts? You're a wizard, Harry."

She chuckled and shook her head, "I know, it's not believable, but it's the truth. You have to accept it."

I nodded, "so, I am a witch."

Nathaniel added, "and part Lycan."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "now what is that?"

Selena continued, "your father belonged to a great pack named Gray moon pack, it was the strongest pack because their ancestors were Lycans. They are far stronger than normal werewolves, killing them is not easy, they don't get killed by silver just like normal werewolves do. Normally, werewolves were bitten by Lycans that's why werewolves don't possess the same abilities as Lycans"

I frowned, "I am a Lycan?"

Selena nodded, "yes, you're powerful than a mere werewolf."

I narrowed my eyes, "but then how come I don't become a wolf or a lycan?"

"There is a spell on you which suppressed your true powers," Selena uttered making me gasp.

"How do you know?" I stumbled.

"Because I was the one who put the spell on you," Selena confessed.

I froze and gaped at her with wide eyes and raised eyebrows, "you did?"

She smiled, apologetically, "I had to put a spell on you because your mother begged me to do it."

"My mother?"

She nodded, "you have been in grave danger since your birth, that's why your parents made me put a spell on you and even on John."

Hearing my father's name made my heart sink, "why?"

"To keep you protected, I put a protection charm on you and your family. Your parents moved to the city with you and raised you there like humans without any connections to their past life until you got into an accident," Selena replied.

She continued, "do you remember being in an accident when you were around fifteen?"

I remembered I was crossing the road, and my mother was standing on the other side of the road. It was raining and I couldn't see a car coming towards me, I barely remember the accident when I got up I was in a hospital and had minor scratches.

I nodded, "it was a small accident, nothing major."

Selena shook her head, "you almost died that day, it was your mother who saved you."

I leaned back, "how?"

"She used magic to stop the car," she whispered, "hence breaking the protection charm."

I gasped, "that's when everything started going haywire."

She nodded, "the protection spell was to be protected from magic, therefore when the magic was near you the spell broke."

"Did-did my father also died because of this?" I stuttered.

She nodded, "it wasn't a normal accident, he got killed."

My hands flew over my mouth and I gasped, "killed?"

She nodded, "whatever has happened to you in your life isn't just a coincidence."

"But why?" I covered my face with my hands, "why did I need protection? And from whom?"

Selena's face fell even more, "your grandmother."

I looked at her in disbelief and grumbled, "what a dysfunctional family I belong to."

Nathaniel scoffed beside me, "that's what I said."

Before any of us could say something, a tall gorgeous girl came in the room holding a tray in her hands, her long chestnut hair was flowing on her shoulders, she had a fair complexion while her eyes were giving the same warmth as Selena.

She put the table down, and started pouring tea into the cups, and handed one cup to me, "here, it will help you."

I wondered, "what is this? A magic tea?"

Nathaniel snickered beside me while she raised her eyebrows in amusement, "it's chamomile tea, it will ease your tensed muscles."

Selena smiled, "this is Darlene, my granddaughter."

I opened my mouth and nodded, "it's nice to meet you, Darlene."

She smiled and sat beside Selena, "I hope you feel at home here."

I nodded and smiled back, "thank you, I hope so."

Selena gave me a warm smile, "you should go and get some rest, Rosabella I know you must be tired. We will talk about this tomorrow, you're already too overwhelmed."

I nodded and looked at Selena, "yes, thank you."

"Come on, let's go," Nathaniel said while having a bored expression on his face, "I will show you your room."

I followed him to a small room, "This is your room, have some rest. If you need anything don't call my name, call Darlene " he turned and went somewhere in the dark hallway, but he returned with a frown, "give that dagger back?"

I frowned then remembered the dagger and handed it back to him. He looked at me with a blank expression, nodded and left.

After admiring the beauty of my small room, I flopped onto my bed the bed was soft as fur, oh, I could sleep in it all day, but I knew now sleep wouldn't come very easily. My eyes started pooling with tears, I put the pillow on my face and cried, cried for every wrong which has happened in my life, cried because I just left the love of my life.