Daphne x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 12: Unmasking the Witch

(3rd) POV:

While (Y/N), (F/A/N), Fred and Daphne were gone, Shaggy went on his date with Velma. Except, it hadn't gone as planned when Scooby showed up to sabotage everything. The reason why is because Scooby grew jealous, feeling that if things worked out between Shaggy and Velma, they'd eventually abandon him. And because of it, Shaggy and Scooby ended up fighting, neither one saying a word to each other, even after returning to their room. Not long afterwards, (Y/N), (F/A/N), Fred and Daphne came in Shaggy's room, dripping wet, making Shaggy confused on what happened.

(Y/N) POV:

After what happened on the boat, I didn't say a word, since I'm still mad. It was the same for (F/A/N). We didn't talk to Fred or Daphne, and they didn't talk to us, let alone to each other. Unfortunately, we still have a mystery to solve. So, whether any of us liked it or not, we had to go back to the Country Club and tell Shaggy, Scooby and Velma what we had found.

"Like, what happened to you guys?" Shaggy asks, when me and the others enter his room.

"What happened?" Daphne asks, with a smile. "We broke up, that's what happened."

"Yeah, best decision I ever made, too," says Fred.

"Did you say best decision you ever made?" Daphne asks. "That's funny, because I broke up with you."

"What? You did not," Fred denies.

"I did so," Daphne argues.

I roll my eyes at them as I grab a towel to dry myself.

Before the two of them could argue (again), Shaggy speaks up. "Guys? Guys. That's a real bummer and all, but I kind of meant why are you wet?"

Hearing that, Fred and Daphne look down, seeing that our clothes haven't dried up yet. "Oh, that. Well, let's just say we almost got in over our heads," Daphne says.

"But we did figure out that Wanda Grubwort has descendants, and that one of them might be trying to rebuilt her magical staff," I explain, before Daphne goes grab the phone book to look up the list of names of people that live in town.

"Hey, how'd it go with Velma?" Fred asks, while making sure Daphne is out of ear-shot.

Hearing that also makes me curious, hoping that Shaggy had a better night than I did. However, seeing Shaggy frown and cross his arms gives me all the answers I need.

"Yeah, um. Ask my waiter," he says, pointing to Scooby, who is painting a red line across the ceiling.

"Grubek, Grubel, Guzzak," we hear Daphne say, reading the names from the phone book. "No Grubwort."

"Great. Back to square one, again," I say with a sigh.

"Huh. Would you look at that. What a crazy coincidence," Shaggy says all of a sudden, making the rest of us confused.

"What's that, Shags?" Fred asks.

"Oh. Remember that creepy old general store we stopped at on the way in?" Shaggy asks, making us nod our heads, telling him yes, and to continue. "It was called Trowburgs. Well, if you spell Trowburg backwards, you get Grubwort." he then holds up the phone book in front the mirror, making us all realize that he's right. "What are the odds, huh?"

"Excruse me, you are on my side of the room," Scooby says all of a sudden.

I ignore him as I speak. "Well, looks like we now know where we're heading to next,"