Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Final Chapter: A Happy Ending to A New Beginning

(Y/N) POV:

While Wanda Grubwort slowly walks towards us with a creepy smile on her face, Shaggy and I back up.

"Velma, please, snap out of it," I say, hoping she can hear us.

"Like, come on, V. You gotta listen to us," says Shaggy. "You're stronger than this thing inside of you. You're stronger and you're smarter and you're cuter."

"I am?" we hear Velma ask, her voice sounding normal again.

Both mine and Shaggy's eyes widen in shock, surprised to hear her. But even so, to hear her voice and not Wanda Grubwort's gives us all the proof we need to know that Velma is still in there somewhere.

"That's right, V. I think everything about you is cute. Like the way..." Shaggy tries to say. "...Your pleated skirt ruffles when you run from ghosts. How--And even--Even how you lose your glasses at the most inopportune moments. Yeah. Yeah, as a matter of fact, that might be the cutest thing of all."

Despite the fact that Shaggy's complimenting and letting his feelings out for Velma, I don't feel hurt for some reason. As I think about it, this whole time, I was just being selfish on what I wanted that I failed to realize what was really important. Shaggy has the right to decide what he wants to do with his life, as well as choose who it is he wants to be with, even if that person isn't me. Plus, it's not like I should let such things get in the way of me continuing to be friends with Shaggy and Velma. Which is why, no matter what happens, I'm actually willing to be okay with it. As the saying goes, "if you love someone, you need to know when to let them go".

"Shaggy? (Y/N)?" we hear Velma say. "Help me."

"Velma, listen to me, you've got to stay strong," I try to encourage, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I know you can do it."

"Yeah, listen, V. You gotta fight this old witch," Shaggy says, gently holding one of Velma's hands.

"Okay. (Y/N), Shaggy, I'll try. I'll try," Velma says, nodding her head and smiling at us. The moment she says that, her voice and expression changed, showing that Wanda Grubwort's taking hold of her again. She yanks her hand away from Shaggy and shoves me away from her. "No, you won't!"

Wanda Grubwort then uses her staff on us, using her magic to pin us to the wall.

"Well, at least now I can finally say I've been picked up by a girl," says Shaggy.

"I don't think this really counts, Shag," I say, trying to break free.

After a moment or two, Wanda Grubwort releases us, causing me and Shaggy to fall to the ground.

"...You really are the lowest of the low, Wanda Grubwort. Taking hold of someone is one thing. But possessing one of my best friends is different!" I exclaim, fed up with this witch using Velma's body to do this.

Shaggy then gets up, while also helping me stand up. "Knock us down all you want, Wanda Grubwort, but we're not gonna let a couple of stupid moonstones take our friend away," he declares.

That's when I realize something. If the moonstones are the source of her power, then all we need to do is get that staff away from her, and destroy those rocks. The only question is how to do it.

"Oh, wait, moon. Oh, that's it," Shaggy says, realizing something.

"What's it? And hopefully you've got a better plan this time," I say, as me and Shaggy back up to the wall, while Wanda Grubwort walks closer to us.