Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 2: Explanations/Directions

(Y/N) POV:

After catching Fred and Daphne kissing, we all got into the van, as ready as can be to get a move on to Daphne's uncle's country club. Eventually, after passing the "Now leaving Coolsville Stay Cool" sign, Shaggy decided to speak up.

"Well? I for one think we deserve an explanation," he says, earning a nod of agreement from Scooby.

"Yeah," says Scoob.

"Yes. There's always been an undeniable chemistry between you two, but--" Velma tries to say.

I secretly send an annoyed glare in Velma's direction, before continuing to look out the window, sad and upset with this. This was supposed to be a fun summer where I might finally have the chance to admit my feelings to Fred. But instead, I end up with heart break because it's already official that him and Daphne are together. As for (F/A/N), he/she doesn't say anything; instead sending sorrowful glances in my direction while the others aren't looking, knowing full well of how I feel about Fred, and feeling sorry for me.

Why did it have to be her instead of me?

"When did the transformative reaction finally occur?" Velma asks.

Fred sighs, and instead of immediately answering Velma's question-- "Hey, (N/N), you okay back there?" he asks, resulting in everyone to draw their attention on me.

I don't look at anyone, afraid of crying right on the spot. "I'm fine. Just explain how you two ended up together," I say, trying to hide my sorrow.

I didn't want to hear it. In fact, right now, all I want is to go back home and cry in bed, because that's how broken up I feel right now, knowing that I'm not the one that Fred wants. But if I didn't say what I did, they all would have realized something was bothering me.

"I guess it started that night at Old Man Frickert's," Fred says.

"Yeah. Remember, Velma?" Daphne asks. "We followed the trail of the vengeful scarecrow up into the hayloft,"

(flashback)

I remember that. Since we didn't know where else to look, the gang and I all split up. While Fred, (F/A/N), and I decided to investigate outside of the barn, the others went inside to see if they could find anything, maybe even some clues. While investigating, however, we eventually heard screaming and looked up to see Daphne losing her balance near one of the barn's open windows.

"Daphne!" Fred exclaims, quickly rushing to catch her.

"Catch her, Fred!" I yell, not wanting Daphne to get hurt.

Thankfully, just as Daphne was about to plummet to her doom, Fred caught her just in the nick of time. (F/A/N) and I let out a sigh of relief, glad that she's alright.

"Are you okay?" Fred asks.

"I am now," Daphne says.

I wasn't sure why, but Daphne had a stargazing look in her eyes as she looked up at Fred, smiling at him. Fred returned the smile. Before (F/A/N) and I could ask what had gotten into them, we hear an all too familiar scream from my one and only childhood friend.

"Like, run!" Shaggy screams.

"Shaggy, what is it?" I ask, noticing smoke and flames coming from the barn, which made me begin to question what had happened this time.