Chapter 8

As he yowled the battle cry more cats darted out of the bushes and attacked the patrol.

Clawface attacked Darkstripe, Boulder lunged himself at Tigerclaw, and the rest ran towards camp.

"No!" Fireheart yowled, he dashed towards camp to warn their clan mates.

Blackfoot stood still in front of her hesitating to attack.

"Attack her you fool!" Clawface yowled.

'I'm sorry.' She thought herself.

She hurled herself at him and knocked him over. He yelped in surprise, but quickly recovered and battered her belly. Cinderpelt wailed in pain and scrambled off of him.

She noticed that Darkstripe and the rest had gone to camp, expect for Clawface. He stayed behind with a gleam of darkness in his amber eyes.

"Kittypets shouldn't be in the forest!" The battle-scared tom screeched.

He lunged at her with claws extended and slashed her flank and cheek. Clawface bite her forearm and shook her. She cried in pain and he let go of her. He clawed her belly with his sharp claws with a smile on his hideous face. Cinderpelt wailed in pain and winced as he pressed his claws to her throat.

"Wait! Don't!" Blackfoot yowled. He ran up to his clan mate and pushed him off her.

"What are you doing? Do you want to do the honors?" Clawface smiled evilly.

Cinderpelt was about to get up, but stopped as Blackfoot pushed her down to the ground with his paws, claws unsheathed.

"Y-yes." He stammered.

"Well go on then." He encouraged.

"No!" She screamed.

Tears formed in her crystal blue wide eyes. He pressed his claws to her throat with guilt and shame in his amber eyes.

Blackfoot slashed her throat and she yowled in pain.

"Good, now let's go." Clawface meowed. He ran towards ThunderClan camp and Blackfoot had tears in his eyes as he vanished.

"I'm so sorry!" He wailed.

Cinderpelt coughed up blood and wheezed for air. More tears formed as she remembered the promise she had made with Longtail.

"Okay, be careful." He murmured.

"I will." She promised.

"Why, Blackfoot, why?" She choked out the words.

"Please for give me." He begged.

Blackfoot rasped his tongue over her wounded cheek and disappeared into the forest.

Cinderpelt dug her claws in the soft soil as she fought for air.

"Please, I don't want to die." Cinderpelt cried.

She lashed her tail and heaved for air. Cinderpelt closed her dull blue eyes as she thought of Longtail.

" I will miss you, my love." She croaked.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!

Forgot to tell you this but...

I just realized that I didn't do a prologue for this story.

Oops!!

Oh well, I will do an epilogue anyways so sorry that I didn't put that.

Anyways, till next time...

May StarClan light your path

:)