Chapter 13

"What did you say?" Growled Longtail.

"I said Kittypets should die! They don't deserve to live!" Brokenstar hissed.

Cinderpelt stared in horror, it was happening. Blood would be shed tonight.

Tigerclaw bristled in rage and rounded up on a ShadowClan warrior, ready to fight. Longtail curled his tail around her shoulders as many ShadowClan warriors hissed in anger. ThunderClan, with bristling pelts, unsheathed their claws ready for battle.

Bluestar looked worriedly down at her Clan and glared at the dark leader. Crookedstar looked fearful at the moon. Tallsar lashed his tail and looked at Bluestar, worry in his amber eyes.

Tigerclaw leaped at Blackfoot with claws out stretched as the ShadowClan warrior bared his teeth at the deputy. Quick as lightning she darted towards them and pushed Blackfoot out of the way. Claws met her pelt and she screeched in pain and despair. She closed her blue eyes and landed on her flank.

"Cinderpelt!" Longtail yowled.

Tigerclaw, wide eyed, backed away from the she-cat. Longtail dashed up to her and licked her flank frantically.

The cats stood in silence.

"Cinderpelt? Cinderpelt!" Longtail wailed.

Cinderpelt slightly opened her eyes and whimpered.

"See what happens when you try to start a battle?" Bluestar growled.

She jumped down from the Great Rock and padded up to Longtail's side. Yellowfang looked at her, frantically placing a paw on her belly. She sighed in relief and sniffed at her wound. Cinderpelt whimpered and Longtail licked her cheek.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." He promised, trying to hide his tears.

I kinda did it. I got hurt though. She joked in her mind.

Cinderpelt looked up at the moon. It was covered by clouds and the clearing was dark.

"Longtail?" She rasped.

"I'm here! I will never leave your side!" He promised.

Longtail crouched beside her and rasped his tongue over her muzzle.

"This Gathering is over!" Bluestar yowled.

The leaders of RiverClan and WindClan nodded their heads in agreement. Brokenstar though, climbed of the Great Rock and looked down at Cinderpelt. She noticed and buried her face into Longtail's fur.

Longtail growled as he tried to protect her if he harmed her.

Brokenstar glared at them both and stalked away, with his Clan following. Blackfoot looked at Cinderpelt with fear in his amber eyes. He padded toward his Clan with his tail down.

Longtail's fur was fluffed out twice its size and his lips drawn back in a snarl. Bluestar rested her tail-tip to his shoulder to calm him down. He looked at her and breathed out a breath of relief. His fur began to lie flat again as Yellowfang inspected Cinderpelt.

"Okay, Cinderpelt you will have to stay in my den for a few days." Yellowfang rasped.

Cinderpelt tried to get up, but was helped my Longtail. She rested her head on his shoulder and let out a breath of pain.

"Cinderpelt, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." Tigerclaw meowed as he padded up to her.

"Bluestar, can you please for give me. I know that couldn't control myself when Brokenstar insulted our Clan." Tigerclaw meowed.

He dipped his head to his leader. Bluestar sighed and gazed at Cinderpelt, she nodded and Bluestar understood.

"You are forgiven but next time, try to control yourself." She murmured.

All of ThunderClan returned to their camp, waiting to see if there would be a battle.