I'll keep you safe

We ran down the streets to the train station. We couldn't see much in the darkness of the night, but we could all hear the freight train pulling in.

Johnny grabbed my hand and we climbed onto the train, making sure to be silent so the workers wouldn't hear us. We found a mostly empty freight to hide out in.

When the workers came by with their flashlights, we held our breaths and stayed hidden. Thankfully, they didn't check the side of the carriage that we were hiding in. Honestly, I could do a better job than they can at being security guards.

When the train started moving, we relaxed and went through what we had to do in our heads. My mind flashed back to right before Johnny killed Bob. My head started to hurt and I squeezed Johnny's hand.

"It's gonna be okay." I heard him whisper beside me. I nodded my head and took deep breaths. "It's gonna be okay." I repeated. I leaned my head on his shoulder and drifted off into a stressful sleep.

. . .

I awoke suddenly to Johnny shaking my shoulders. "Come on, we're here!" He whisper-yelled. We had no time to wake up Ponyboy, so we just threw him out of the train along with us.

We jumped out and hit the hard ground. But no, I didn't hit the ground. I looked down to see Johnny beneath me. "Oh! Uhh- Hi?" I laughed a bit.

(I'm sorry this is just really hot and I wanted to put it here!)

Johnny fucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear. "Hey babe." He whispered. My face turned red in the dark. I love it when Johnny's confident. I then felt a pair of lips on mine and I immediately kissed back.

Johnny's arms wrapped around my waist and I had my arms above Johnny's head, holding his hands. This kiss was passionate, and was filled with love and affection. I knew Johnny cared. He always did.

We then heard a loud cough and broke apart. "Man, that's disgusting." Ponyboy stated. I rolled my eyes and helped Johnny up with a light blush still tinted on my face. "Come on. We need to find Jay Mountain."

Johnny and I shared a glance with each other and we started walking. After about two steps, I realized. "Where are we even going?" Pony shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, go ask someone then. The story won't be in the paper yet. Make like a farm boy takin' a walk or something." Said Johnny. "He don't look like one." I stated.

"Just go down the road and ask the first person you see where Jay Mountain is. And for Pete's sake, run a comb through your hair and stop slouching."

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah, if we're gonna be stayin' in the country, we gotta look like country people." Pony started running a comb through his hair.

"You know, you look an awful lot like Sodapop, the way you've got your hair an' everything. Except, your eyes are green." Johnny stated. I studied Pony then nodded my head.

"My eyes ain't green. They're grey. And I look just as much like Soda as you guys do. He's good looking." Pony said. "Shoot." Johnny grinned. "You are, too."

Pony grinned back, then got up to go find directions. Johnny and I sat in the grass since his legs fell asleep and he couldn't walk properly. Both Ponyboy and I had used Johnny as a pillow last night, and he didn't say anythin' about it.

He should've, though. Sometimes, Johnny needs to speak up for himself. I find around others, he's too quiet. Around me he can be his complete self without hiding anything, but I think he gets nervous when he's in bigger groups.

Sometimes, Johnny got these sudden bursts of confidence where he would say or do something that would shock me a lot. Most of the time, it's when he acts all flirty, or he starts ranting about something since he doesn't speak much.

"This is crazy." I stated as I pulled out the grass from the field. Johnny looked up at me with a scared expression. "T-they're gonna kill me." He whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who's gonna kill you? Johnny, no ones gonna kill you." He shook his head. "They're gonna put me in the electric chair and I'm gonna die!" I thought about that possibility. "No Johnny! Don't say that!" I cried and cupped his face in my hands.

"I'll keep you safe." I whispered as I rested my forehead on his. "I won't let anyone hurt you." Johnny gave me a warm, loving hug. "I won't let anyone hurt you, either. Not over my dead body."

Hii this is adorable! I love how this chapter turned out. I know it's a bit short but I don't know where to end the chapter, and it was a cute ending anyways! K byeee!
Stay Gold! 💛