Chapter 8: Fireflies

BTS and TWICE managers gathered at Bighit Headquarters today.

Today was the one month reporting to the result of WGM project. They became really anxious but enthusiastic at the same time knowing the audience reaction is somewhat mixed.

"The engagement rate is very high. The frequency people talking about BTS and Twice, Taehyung and Tzuyu specifically, in social media was increased 10 times than before," Kim Manager from Bighit reported through his presentation material prepared by MBC team.

"Also, BTS is now receiving a lot of commercial offers, from Korea company or even international company worth around half million dollar," he continued, welcomed by the huge applause soaring over the room.

"Congratulation," JYP raise his wine glass congratulating Bighit and MBC. "Twice is also getting more and more recognition too due to this program. We got a lot of variety programs invitation and commercial contracts, too. We need to appreciate everyone invloved... but, actually I am considering to stop this."

Everyone in the room could not believe of what JYP just said. Isn't it the meaning of all presentation today they become success?

"What do you mean?" Bang Shihyuk furrowed his eyebrows, questioning JYP.

JYP took a deep sigh before continue. He does not want to make people in the room misunderstand his statement, but he felt the need to say about reconsideration. He has a strong reason.

"Have you checked the impact on Taehyung and Tzuyu personally?"

Everyone shook their head.

"I think reaction for Taehyung is fine, but do you know that reaction for our Tzuyu is a bit overwhelmed? She receives the hate she does not deserve. And last night I heard that she received another death threat."

His words made everyone in the room got a complicated feeling. Silence was taking over. No one dared to response.

--
Jihyo POV

I looked at Tzuyu room's door that been closed more than twelve hours already since last night. What actually happened was she and Sana were having Vlive when suddenly the comment sections become really vicious.

I checked the comments in which Sana screencaptured and sent to our chat group. She accidentally sent it to the chat group to show this to us without realizing Tzuyu is also in the group.

xxx : fucking back off from my taehyung
yyy : you nasty bitch, you don't deserve him
aaa : taehyung looked disgusted of you in the show because you're ugly
bbb : an ugly Taiwanese, you're overrated, go back to Taiwan

And finally, a death threat.

ccc: I know you, Tzuyu. I even know that you just got back from groceries. You will die in my own hands if you touch my Taehyung.

From a sasaeng fans.

After the Vlive in which she read all the bad comments pointed to her, she just left her phone on the living room table, in which I was seating in the sofa beside it, locked the door and did not come out for twelve hour straight.

We took turns to knocking her door but she just said she wanted to be alone.

It has been one month she participated in WGM with Taehyung. After some of episodes aired and on the show they successfully convincing acting as a lovely couple, she kept receiving hates from people.

I did not lie that Twice is getting more popular. We even increased our view in Vlive and Youtobe. Thanks to her, but.... there is something inside me telling this is unfair for an angel like my Tzuyu.