chapter 27 - killed him inside

lol welcome to me being a writing freak for the next few days, lol, i'll be updating frequently maybe?? love you all.
- cici xo

vote so i know you're still active!!
—-
july 13th, 2019
16.03k reads
1.01k votes
708 words
——
"if only , if only you were mine, but i'm already someone else's baby,
guess i had my last chance, and now this is our last dance, you fell through the cracks in my hand  , hand to say it's over
and it's a sure shame
you'll always be the one that got away
we both know that we both feel the same
but i'm already someone else's baby."
—-
general pov

millie stared blankly out of the car window.

she couldn't really feel anything except for an awful heaviness in her heart and a twist in her stomach.

she didn't understand.

she didn't understand anything anymore.

sadie watched her best friend wallowing in sadness from a distance out of the corner of her eye.

the redhead with the pale blue eyes and brave smile didn't understand also.

she didn't understand how to comfort her best friend.

because millie didn't need comfort.

she needed answers.

answers as to why that video was sent.

and why it was created.

millie viewing her first and only love , passionately kissing someone else before her very eyes.

the way the woman had clung onto finn wolfhard with her claws, pulling her body closer to his, churned millie's stomach.

and how finn wolfhard had grabbed onto her hips and positioned her in a way that millie couldn't think about.

but she was thinking about it.

she was thinking about it so much.

but she didn't know that it was a staged, emotionless kiss.

finn had felt nothing.

except for one thing.

yearning to see the love of his life again.

he sacrificed his heart for something that would unintentionally kill the love of his life inside,

as much as it killed him inside.

—-
general pov

status :
leaving Vancouver. sadie, noah, jack, maddie , and jaeden  are fleeing from angela brown's house, taking millie with them.

"do you want anything, mills?"

sadie's voice echoes in millie's head.

"what?"

millie croaked.

"i said, 'do you want anything, mills?' "

sadie repeated.

"don't fucking call me that, sadie."

the brunette snapped, memories of the nickname finn had given her flashes in her mind over and over again.

"god, sorry. stop bitching, okay? i'm sorry, millie. now do you fucking want anything?!"

sadie snapped back in return, before slamming the car door, running inside the 7/11 gas station and wiping her eyes.

noah bit his lip uncomfortably.

"noah, can i please have a cherry slushie..."

{ ^^ st3 spoiler !! - rip alexei :( </3 }

millie sighed, her voice cracking slightly.

"sure, babe."

he softly smiled , stepping out of the car and following the rest of the group inside.

"love you noah."

she sighed, turning back to the open car window.

someone rolled the window down of the blood red mustang that was parked a few stalls down.

though the car was several feet away, a familiar smell seeped into maddie's car, and into millie's nose.

and it was not a familiar smell.

a tension rose into the air, and millie couldn't quite put her finger on it.

she squinted her eyes and tried to make out the figure in the car to her left without her glasses.

the smell was of strong hair gel, dollar store cologne, and lies.

shit.

——

"one more stop and we're out of vancouver , baby. i just gotta pee at the next gas station."

clare focused on the pavement infront of her.

"mkay."

finn muttered without eager.

"you can buy a drink or a pack of cigarettes, i don't give a fuck."

she reached into her bra pocket and pulled out a $20 bill with her demon nails, and tossed it at him like she was allowing him a privilege.

"thanks."

he muttered.

"dont try running or calling the police, because in case you forgot, i am the police , baby."

she giggled.

finn pursed his lips in annoyance, and looked out of the window at the 7/11 they were approaching.

——-

millie's pov

it's him. holy shit. it's him.

in the red mustang.

right next to me.

looking right at me.

jacob.