Toy Story Shorts (Bonus Chapter)

7/13/19
(A/N: So I found these tonight and I LOVE them! They're either actually funny or just so bad that you can't help but laugh. Anyway, I thought most of these were nice enough that I decided to make a chapter with some of my favorites just because. I tried to make this canon to my story, so here goes! But seriously, watch all of them because some of them are just killing me!)

(At :15)

While Andy was downstairs, Woody and the jack-in-the-box hand from Sid's house we're playing checkers in Andy's bedroom. Ever since putting Sid in his place, the toys left that dreaded household and moved on with their lives. Every once in a while, the toys would stop by to say hello, which is what they were doing today.

The hand was rolling his fingers, impatiently waiting for Woody to make his move. You sat beside him on the floor, just watching as the game slowly progressed. Both in the zone, you and Woody were startled when Rex came over and excitedly shouted, "Who's winning?"

The dinosaur continued to ramble as he so often did. "You know, in tournaments, there's usually a time limit for moving, but seeing as how this is a casual game between friends...." Woody rolled his eyes and began to tune Rex out as he played his move.

Buzz came over and saw the game, telling Woody, "Mm, bad move."

The hand grabbed his checker and jumped over every last one of Woody's remaining black checkers. Some Pizza Planet aliens then rushed over, giving the golden trophy to the jack-in-the-box hand.

Woody hung his head in defeat with a sigh. You laughed as you told him, "Should've been smarter, cowboy." He looked at you with a playful glare.

~~~~~~~~

(At 2:08)

One day, as you were exploring Andy's new room, you saw Woody approach Lenny. "Okay, staring contest!" The cowboy declared. "Go!" He and Lenny instantly locked eyes as you quietly creeped closer.

It was a breeze for Lenny to keep his eyes open. The little pair of binoculars rarely blinked anyway. Woody, on the other hand, was desperately struggling. He was having such a hard time keeping his eyes open that, in the end, he overwhelmed himself and fell to the ground.

He slowly got up and pointed a challenging finger at Lenny. "Ooh, you're good!"

You walked past them swiftly, saying, "You just suck, Woody."

Lenny laughed as Woody retorted, "Oh yeah? Bet you can't do better!"

You were perfectly capable of walloping Lenny at a game of staring contest. But that's the thing, you should've. You would've won had Woody not removed his hat and startled you by quickly stuffing it in your face.

~~~~~~~~

(At 3:28)

You and some of the guys were watching TV in Andy's room. Technically, the remote was being "shared," but Woody had been in control for quite a while. It wasn't really a bother until the others began to complain about specific movie genres.

"Well, howdy-ho, a Western!" Woody chuckled as a western movie game on after the previous one ended.

Rex, Hamm, and Buzz groaned collectively.

"Fine!" Woody growled. "Then you pick a show!"

Buzz did just that as he picked up the remote and changed channels. "Excellent! The Star Eaters!"

"Oh, please!" Woody groaned. "Not science fiction!"

"....Fiction?" Buzz asked with confusion. While he was still very much used to being a toy, he didn't exactly grasp that a lot of super spacey stuff didn't actually happen, really. He still believed in space heroes and aliens and whatnot.