Chapter 9: War?

*Zero's P.O.V*

No more words could bubble up fro my throat, not a sound was produced as i remained completely still all my enegery went into that single yell. Gulping silently i felt sweat trail from my forehead to my jaw line then drip to the floor 'this isn't possible' i thought repeatedly in my head 'this can't be happening' was also chanted. Shaking my head desperately i dropped the list of items the head master had asked me to get and made a bee line straight for the school, pushing people out the way insensitavely i pushed open the large gates of Cross academy and ran up towards the night class dorms. Thankfully i remembered the head master was having a meeting with all the vampires in there including Yuki.

I pushed the wooden doors open with a pant "Zero! What's wrong?" Yuki asked worriedly "(Y-Y/N)...i saw (Y/N)" i whispered falling to my knees "that's impossible she's dead!" Ruka spoke up earning a harsh glare from almost everyone in the room "i swear it was her...i couldn't of been dreaming but...it was like she had no idea who i was" i mumbled. Kaien walked over and hooked his arms under mine and escorted me over to the couch so i could rest after my long run "now explain what happened" he ordered calmly "i was doing the errands you told me to do when i saw these two suspicous figures in cloaks looking around the stalls, so i kept watching them so they didn't so anything they would regret. The smalled one turned to look at me and it took me a while but i finally recognized her. Her hair was longer then when we last saw her but everything was exactly the same. She smiled at me then...just waked away" i explained.

Yuki was pacing around the room trying to take in all the information while Kaname had an unreadable expression on his face as did Takuma, Aido and Shiki "even if she was alive...wouldn't she be you know in the coffin i mean we did bury her" Yuki spoke up. Kaien cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck nervously "we did bury her right?" she tried to confirm in a stern voice "about that...(Y/N) wasn't actually buried" he muttered under his breath. I shot up and held the man by his collar "what?! You didn't bury her?!" i yelled "now, now calm down Kuran" Kaname warned getting up and removing me from the head master.

"now head master explain would you?" he asked as politely as possilbe but strain was obvious in his voice "the vampire hunter association took her claiming, that even if she had passed others would seek her blood. Our race is at stake, both human and vampire without her here...if no one steps up as guardian then i fear that one day either humans, vampires or both will go extinct, so they took her for safe keeping" Kaien sighed "so...are you saying a war is about to be upon us?" i asked, he nodded "i don't know when and i don't know how but-...i do know it will be fierce, a lot of beings will die human or vampire and the only one who will be able to end the war...is (Y/N) yet we have no idea if she really is alive" the hed master sighed his rare serious expression painted on his face.

I sat back down with my head in my hands "i can't say for certain that it wasn't my imagination because none of you were there with me but i'm almost 100% sure that was her" i breathed.

Kaien nodded "then i'm inclined to believe you" he replied "everybody?" he asked "i...don't know" they all muttered obviously baffled by the strange events "but that is not of importance at the moment what is...is training, everyone is to train everyday understood? It ca n be fighting or medical but iether way you must practice so you can you can do your job...i wish you children didn't have to partake in war but we have little choice, i will send the day class students home so they are well away from this place as i have a feeling the heart of the war will take place here" Kaien ordered earning nods from all of us 'this is war...who knew i'd live to see the day? I must get stronger but above all that...i need to know if that was really (Y/N)...or was i just dreaming?'