Chapter 13

Maria watched from the bushes as Ollie continued to cradle his lifeless cat whilst George continued to give him reassuring cuddles.

Maria didn't feel bad for what she had done. She wanted Ollie to suffer as much as possible for stealing George from her.

Eventually, Maria got bored of watching the couple, and crept inside the castle and headed to the servant's quarters to plan tomorrows group meeting.

Meanwhile, George waited for Ollie to calm down before he made his suggestion.

"Ollie, before we bury James I think it's in his best interest to have him tested before he's buried. We can't be sure what he died of..." George suggested, being carful with his wording to not upset Ollie further.

"Yeah, Ill bring him up to the royal vets office, and talk with them". Ollie replied, wiping away the last of the tears.

"I'd come with you, but I need to sort out some taxes, I'll be done by tomorrow".

Ollie nodded, wrapping his arms around the cat before slowly rising to his feet.
"Thanks again love for staying by my side". Ollie smiled, securing his grip around the cat.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then. I'll make some funeral arrangements, and we can bury him in the garden at 12?"

"That would be nice, James always loved running around here" Ollie recalled, able to remember how James always loved to lie under flower bushes.

"Goodnight sweetheart" George nodded, giving Ollie a goodnight kiss, before heading back to the palace.

~Crappy time skip bought to by how much I hate Maria~

The funeral was held the next day at 12 o'clock. George was able to buy a headstone and a coffin perfectly suited for James.

The funeral was attended only by Ollie and George as Ollie knew how much James hated people.

Ollie read out a heartfelt speech about how much James meant to him, while George spent the better half of the ceremony wondering what happened to the cat to make it die so suddenly.

Eventually, the funeral ended, and Ollie lead George to the royal veterinarian's office to receive the results.

The pair waited in the empty waiting room for what felt like an eternity while the nurse fetched the results. The pair were called into the office only to be greeted with a solemn faced head nurse clutching a small piece of folded parchment to which she handed to Ollie.

"You read it, I'm too scared" Ollie mumbled, passing the note to a concerned George. The blonde took the letter in his pale hands, and slowly unfolded the parchment.

"The autopsy found traces of Arsenic in James' digestive system. We have concluded this was most likely a case of poisoning" George read aloud, seeing as Ollie's face grew red with anger.

"No!" He shouted, snatching the paper from George. "Who would kill poor little James! He never hurt anyone!".

Ollie shoved the paper in his pocket before turning back to the sad face of the ancient head nurse.

"Who did this? We can't let them get away with this!" Ollie sobbed, tears welling in his eyes.

"Start an investigation immediately" George commanded, before turning to his teary eyed fiancé.

"Ollie, come with me. I'll get you some tea, and we'll go from there".

Ollie nodded, using one hand to wipe away a bitter tear while holding onto George's soft hand with the other.

"Thank you, ladies". George thanked, before leading his lover to Ollie's room.

"Lie down, love. I'll get you some tea and biscuits and I'll let you rest". George comforted as they lumbered up the winding staircase leading to Ollie's room.

George lead the small brunette to his bed, gave him a little forehead kiss before heading to the kitchen to order him some tea and biscuits.

Meanwhile, Maria and Samuel just finished planning tonights meeting. They ran over a few ideas before finally rolling up the scrolls, and putting them to one side.

"Let me get this straight" Samuel began, staring up at Maria "You poisoned Ollie's cat because?"

"Because that little brat deserved it, he took the king from me, and plans to marry him!"

Samuel nodded. Deep down, he knew it was incredibly unfair on Ollie, but he did want to keep Maria on his good side, so he kept his mouth shut.

"Anyway, no time for that, the meeting starts in a few hours. Lets get this all wrapped up."

Samuel nodded, and began to assist Maria in packing for the meeting.

"God I hope Ollie's ok". Samuel thought to himself, as he picked up one of the many rolls of parchment.

"You don't deserve this".

A/N:
Right, Marriage and honeymoon chapters coming soon, I just wanna develop the story a little.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented so far! Y'all are great!

After this I may or may not write some oneshots/smutshots for Geollie. ;)