Chapter 6

Ollie awoke bright an early the next morning to a loud knock on his door.

"Come in" he yelled, as he sat up excitedly. Today was his birthday, and even though he rarely received gifts on his birthday, he was still excited.

He ran to the door and swung it open, and there stood King George dressed in the same black hood he had worn the first time he visited his house.

"Happy birthday, Ollie" George smiled, pulling down the hood. "I have a little something back at the castle for you".

Ollie smiled eagerly as he followed George out the door, taking his hand to keep them from getting separated. It was an unspoken tradition at this point.

George used his free hand to pull his hood over his face, before leading Ollie through the busy streets of London, keeping a tight grip on his hand.

Eventually they arrived at the palace. George let go of Ollie's hand, and removed his cloak before heading into the palace, Ollie close behind.

"Right, close your eyes Ollie" George instructed, as they approached a towering stair case. Ollie nodded, and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Be careful when climbing the stairs" George warned, following behind Ollie as he slowly creeped up the red carpeted staircase.

The stair case winded up around a stone column in the middle up to a set of wooden double doors.

George carefully stepped ahead of Ollie, and pulled a small golden key attached to a long, necklace like chain, and inserted it into a small golden keyhole located by the door handle. He carefully twisted the key, and pushed open the doors.

"You can open your eyes now" George chirped in a cheery manner, excited to watch all his hard work finally pay off. Ollie let his eyes flutter opened, and gasped as he looked at the sight that lay beyond the doors.

It was a large room filled to the brim with everything a person could ever want or need. The walls where painted an aqua blue (Ollie's favourite colour) and the floor was lined with smooth wooden panelling.
There was a large, king sized bed, a small kitchen, another little wooden door in the far corner leading to what Ollie assumed was a bathroom, a desk and chair with ink, quill, parchment and a small white envelope.

Ollie's jaw dropped as his eyes flickered across the room, taking in every part of his new room.
He stepped inside eagerly, and went about the room, marvelling at every decoration, and eventually walking over to the desk nestled comfortably in the corner.

George stood anxiously at the door way, watching as Ollie picked up the envelope, and carefully opened it, and unfolded the paper inside.

George had rewritten that letter a million times over, and knew exactly what it said, word for word.

"My dearest Ollie,
For the months I have known you, our friendship has flourished. I have confided in you about my deepest secrets, and you have told me yours.

I am incredibly grateful to have formed this relationship with you, and so I must ask:

Oliver Dabeny Aedeline, would you do me the greatest honour of being my boyfriend.

Signed, yours truly
-George <3"

George felt the little heart at the end next to his name was a bold move, but there was no time for second thoughts.

Ollie finished reading the letter, and turned to George with a big smile spread across his face.

"YES!" Ollie shouted, possibly a bit too loud, as he ran towards his new boyfriend and embraced him in a tight hug.

George laughed as Ollie continued to hug him, happy he was able to make him so happy. George picked up the smaller of the pair, and spun him around playfully, before setting him down again.

Ollie giggled, and hugged him tighter.

"Thank you so so much!" Ollie grinned, as he let go.

"Any time" George replied, giving him a small head pat.

Today was a day to be remembered, for all the right reasons.

A/N
It has began guys! The ship is sailing! I may of over dramatised this a little, but Im genuinely happy with it!