Chapter 17 (Ah'Jhene)

I was at home with my feet kicked up watching Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. This was my Monday night show that was not to be interrupted. I just finish watching a scene where my girl Tommie kicked Scraps baby mama ass. I laughed thinking about prior episodes. This bitch Tiera deserved that ass whoopin. She had it coming.

I sipped on a cup of hot chocolate with the remote in my hand when my phone started ringing. The number was unrecognizable, but I answered anyway out of curiosity. "Who is this?" I question, but felt like a fool when the automotive bitch start talking "You have a collect call from ...Rashad."

What the fuck was Rashad doing in jail? It had been a week since I last seen him. I pressed 5 to accept the charges and couldn't help my anxiety. "Rashad what the fuck you doin in jail?!" I asked. "You won't believe this crazy ass story." He spoke calmly. "Don't say too much." I warned. "You won't believe this shit." He repeated. A sigh escaped my lips as I turned down the television. "Jhene I'm in Colombia. I hit a lick with this nigga Quincy." He told me.

    Was this some kind of joke? What the fuck did he mean he hit a lick with Quincy?! I did not understand how they even became coo in the first place. Where these niggas tryna set me up? I mean I was fuckin both of them.

"How the fuck did y'all get acquainted?" I asked. "Through a nigga of mine. I know it sounds crazy, but I didn't know this the nigga you been dealing with." He told me. "Is he in there too?!" I questioned. I wondered because I knew Quincy had connections he'd be out of there in no time. I couldn't help but to worry about Rashad. "Yea. He's in a different pod. They separated us." Silence filled the air for a short moment. "Jhene I need you to bail me out." He said with stress in his tone. This nigga must of been crazy! I didn't tell him to take his punk ass to Columbia, but after all he was still the father to my unborn child. "I'll see what I can do Rashad, but whatever you do... Don't blow our fuckin cover." I warned.

***

Later that night I put my freakum dress on and did my hair. My make up was natural looking and the sent of my perfume finalized my presence. I had to be right because I was on my way out with basketball dude from All Star weekend.

After catching a break from both my other niggas, him and I finally caught up with each other. You're probably thinking why I waited so long to fuck with him, but stress and depression can delay a lot of things.

After going through a short depression I had to pick myself back up. I was so stuck in my head about the pregnancy and what not, but life was too short to be living in fear.

I met basketball dude in a private park in his gated community. He lived in a lavish area where only stars were his neighbors. Hollywood suburb type shit.

We walked on the long path next to the river of water as we talked. Palm trees crowded the ground. The stars where out and the area was quiet. "What took you so long to hit me?" He asked. "Life situations, but you were on my mind." I confessed. He smiled and showed off his perfect teeth. "I'm glad you made it." He said.

We walked for about 20 more minutes before my feet couldn't bare the Saint Laurent Stilettos any longer. "My feet killing me now. I didn't come all the way here just to get excise." I joked. He lifted my hand in the air and examined my body. "You damn sho don't need it." He teased. "Thank you." I said.

    It was nice dealing with a square nigga. I was so used to drug dealer and hustlers and basketball dude was a breath of fresh of fresh air. I couldn't see me taking things serious with him though. He was too square for me. "Hey I have a question." I told him. "What's that?" He replied. "Which one of your boys did my girl sleep with that night?" I asked without hesitation. "After y'all left us hangin...we dipped. We didn't take nobody home. We had a meeting the next morning. As far as I know none of my team fucked with her." He confirmed.