Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Emily's POV

I went to the party being thrown for me. I was very surprised to see pretty much every single one of my friends. All of my soccer, basketball, swimming, school, middle school, church, and band buddies were there. I felt bad because they did so much to organize a party at a nice restaurant just for me. While eating dinner, I told everyone about everything up to my foster parent's car accident. I didn't want to ruin the happy time with something sad. A lot of my friends were asking if they could marry my brother. I told them that I haven't talked to him much but he will probably reject a proposal.

After an hour, I told them I had to go home. I knew I was there for a short time but I needed to go somewhere special. After saying my goodbyes and giving hugs, I went to the nearest florist.

I had two bunches of flowers in my arms. One for my mom, and one for my dad. I walked to my parents graves to give then something long overdue. When I got to the cemetery, I was surprised to see someone there. It was one of the short cute guys who went to my church and school. He had tears running down his face when he turned towards me.

"Hi, are you alright?" I asked him. He silently nodded and tried his best to make an assuring smile.

"I don't want to be rude but why are you here?" I asked.

"My parents... And my brother..." he started but he burst into tears before he could finish. "They all died in a car accident and I somehow survived."

I was in tears too. It felt like I could feel his emotions.

"Are you alright?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm alright. It's just my parents died and my brother is still here but I never see him. I got put into a foster family in California. I've been living with the Cimorelli family for a few months. No but us knows that there are no parents watching over us. They have been in comas for a few months. Everyone in my new family has changed and one of them attempted suicide but is thankfully still here on Earth. I'm sorry... It's just I haven't told anyone about this but my foster family." I said.

"I'm so sorry!" he said. I was shocked when he engulfed me in a big hug. I barely knew him and now I was hugging him. Thunder erupted abruptly and rain was falling down.

"Hey, let's go!" he said.

"Wait!" I said. I put the flowers on my parent's graves and said a short prayer for them. "Okay, let's go!"

We ran out of the cemetery with no exact place in mind. He just took my hand and guided me to his car. My cheeks blushed as his warm hand was in mine. We hopped into his car and we just stayed there, the parent of a student who went to our school had died in a single car accident in the rain, we don't want a repeat of that.

"So, what's your name? I'm sorry I never into introduced myself, I'm Andy." he said.

"I'm Emily." I said shyly. I could feel my face get warmer by the second.

"Well... Uh... How are you?" he said slowly. It sounded like he was nervous, very strange.

"I'm fine. Just exhausted." I said. I made eye contact with him as I spoke, terrible idea. I got lost in his eyes and I couldn't look away. I talked slower and blushed as he did a little hair flip.

"Oh, it looks like the rain stopped! I have to get going!" I announced, breaking the awkward silence. I pushed open the door and was halfway through until I was pulled back.

"Here, I'll take you back to your house. It can be dangerous out here." He said. I gladly accepted and closed the door.

During the car ride back to my house, we listened to the radio and talked about music. When we got to my house, I thanked him and began to open the door.

"Hey, do you want to come to a party tonight? It's at 9, I'll pick you and Lauren up." He said.

"Sure haha." I said kind of awestruck that he kind of asked me out. I quickly exited his car and headed to my front door. I watched him leave and wave a good bye to me. Smiling, I went up my porch stairs and quietly went inside the house.

"Lauren, you'll never guess what happened!" I yelled. I headed to my parents old room on the first floor.

Meanwhile in California

Lisa's POV

Anger is boiling inside of me. From what? Everything going on in my life. We got news from the hospital that mom isn't doing so well. Everyday, Dani sits quietly in her room, dark circles under eyes indicate she isn't sleeping well. Every night, I hear her sobbing loudly under her bed's sheets.

My other siblings aren't doing so well either. Katherine is either cooking and baking or locked in her room writing poetry. She isn't very talkative either. As for Mike, he is so busy with work that we hardly ever see him. Amy has going out a lot too. She told me that she wouldn't go to parties and drink anymore but that promise to herself was broken. I don't have enough nerves to talk her out of it. Alex has been tagging along with her, I definitely don't have time to talk them out of it. The little boys are not very hyper, they talk the most in the house but they don't run around much. Christina has been super busy because she got a job at a physiology place. I hope she will notice that it's not strangers she needs to consult but her own siblings.

As for me, I've been working a tiny bit at the nail salon. I absolutely hate it, I actually quit two days ago. The only person who knows I quit is Emily. After quitting my job, I went to the church. I hadn't been in awhile and I needed some time alone in a carefree place. I learned something that day, Emily is amazing. She was praying in the chapel, she said she's been doing this at least twice a week. I told her why I was there when she asked and she somehow understood and said she wouldn't tell anyone yet.

Now I'm in the hospital. I was at the chapel and a deep voice seemed to speak to me. It told me to come here because something important is going to happen. I don't know how I got here, it seems like my own legs took themselves. Now I'm right outside of my mother's room.

"Oh, hi there! I was just about to call you. You know how I said your mother isn't doing that good?" The doctor said. I couldn't read his expression or his tone of voice.

"Yes." I said quietly while controlling my breathing the best I could.

"She might...." The doctor said.