Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Emily's POV

I walked into my parents old room to see a very strange sight. Two living bodies were on the unmade bed. A shirtless guy was laying next to a half naked Lauren. I was kind of shocked but not at the same time. I know she has been going through a very tough time with everything, her family is falling apart by the second.

"Josh?!" I said. Josh's body began to stir and soon enough, he and Lauren were awake. I could tell Lauren was still a little delirious because she tried to get Josh's number.

"Shut the fuck up, you bitch. I got what I wanted. Bye!" Josh replied to Lauren as he was putting his clothes on. He went out and slammed the door. I was shocked at what I heard. A shocked face was painted on Lauren. Her eyes were like glass that shattered into tears.

"Uh... Lauren, I'm so sorry for all of this." I said. I gave her a big hug and she cried into my arms. It was strange but I knew she needed someone to comfort her.

"Why did I let that guy do that to me? What have I done? I shouldn't be on this planet anymore. You are the only person who knows I'm a human being that still exists. I don't belong here!" Lauren said into my arms through tears. I hugged her tightly until I got a brilliant idea.

"Hey, I have a good idea. I want to bring you to a really cool place." I said.

"How can I? I can't go out looking like this!" Lauren replied. She was pointing to herself. To be honest, she looked like a troubled little girl. I looked at her face, mascara was running down her face, her eyes were bloodshot red, and her lipstick was all over her lips in a messy style.

"You know what? I'll cancel my plans for tonight, this really cute guy kind of asked me to go to a party-" I began. My phone buzzed loudly and interrupted my thoughts.

Andy: Hey, it's Andy. I'm sorry but I don't really want to go to the party tonight. I was talking to some friends and it sounds like there is going to be a ton of drinking. Xx

I smiled at the text. I was happy that he didn't want to drink. It was also kind of weird, how did he get my number?

Me: That's fine. I actually have another plan in mind. Lauren isn't doing so well right now. You want to come to the national shrine? Xx

I replied to him. He understood immediately and said he would bring us to the special place.

"Okay Lauren, you'll love the place we are going to. It's a great place to reflect on. Haha, it's really pretty too." I said.

"Fine." Lauren mumbled under her breath and began to get dressed then cleaned up.

Back in California

Christina's POV

RING! RING!

My phone rung loudly. I checked the caller ID, it was Lisa. Strange because Lisa hasn't used her phone in months.

"Hello?" I asked.

"It's Lisa. I'm at the hospital. Everyone must come immediately, it's mom. Come quickly!" A trembling voice of Lisa said through the phone.

"We will be right there!!" I replied.

At the hospital

I sat in the hospital waiting. Waiting for what? For good news about my parents. My siblings and I are here at this evil place but Lauren and Emily. We managed to all fit into the room both of my parents are in. It's nice that the people at this hospital let mom and dad stay in the same room.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I looked up from my daze to my mom's heart monitor. Her rate was at a crazy fast pace.

"Excuse me, we need a doctor now!" Katherine yelled to a nearby nurse.

The doctor came in and it seemed like everything was a dream. I didn't really hear anything, I only saw the unbelievable.

BEEP!..BEEP!.....BEEP!.........

BEEP!...........................

Mom's heart beat quickly decreased. The jagged lines on the screen quickly changed to an ongoing straight line. Tears were forming in my eyes, my throat began to close.

"NO!!! NOT MOM!!" Lisa screamed. She broke down and passed out in Katherine's arms. A few doctors rushed to her and took her out.

The room was so loud. Silence was all we could hear. Not a heart beat was heard. We all held our breath, there was no way any of us could let a breath out without crying. The little boys were crying silently into my arms.

"Time of death is approximately 3:00 pm." The nurse said. That word put chills down my back, death. It's going to be hard to tell dad that mom is gone.