Dead Passion (Chapter 1)

My name is Zoey.

And I'm starving.

It's been 4 days since I've last eaten something. I have enough water, but no food.

I can't go outside my house to get any food. Both doors are blocked by something heavy, I'm barely strong enough to lift myself off of the ground, and I'm afraid.

Afraid of the people outside.

No.

They aren't people. People don't die, reanimate, and eat people. It's inhumane. They aren't people, they're monsters. Zombies.

My stomach growls for the 27th time today. I've starting counting because there's nothing else to do.

I hoist myself up off of the floor, almost passing out from exhaustion. I make my way over to the pantry that I know is empty, as I have searched all of them. I open the pantry.

And then a miracle happened.

Sitting there, was a large can of oranges.

"Food." I say weakly to myself.

I read the label.

"Sweet, Juicy Clementines."

I grab the can opener out of the drawer, thankful that my house hasn't been ransacked.

I pop the orange into my mouth.

"Well, they tell the truth about being juicy."

After I finish the Clementines, I feel stronger. I finally climbed up the stairs to get to my room. I had been trying to get to my room for days, but never had the strength. I start packing some clothes, plenty of water, and the can opener. I grab all of the sharp knives from the kitchen and put all but 2 in my large backpack.

I climb back up the stairs and look at my window. I have to.

I open my window and stand on my roof.

Then I start running, and then I jump.

(Author's Note)

This is my first story on here and I wanted to write something like The Walking Dead, something with drama and suspense. Thanks for reading!