Bonding (Chapter 6)

(Girl up top is Paige)

The group had a good nights rest. Since we were high up, we didn't have to worry about the zombies. Paige and I had stayed up a little bit. We started talking and I found out that we have a lot in common with each other. We both like pop music, dogs and fashion. She really likes fashion.

"Well, why do you wear all of those dark colored clothes if you like fashion and bright colors?" I asked

"Hey, if they had different colored leather, I'd wear it. I dress like this because it's hard for those creatures to bite through. I'm glad I found these though. Before, I had on a jacket that I duck taped so they couldn't bite through it." Paige said.

"Don't you mean duct tape?" I questioned.

"No, duck tape, duct tape with designs, patterns, and bright colors. Imagine trying to avoid dangerous people by yourself with bright colors. I went into a house to look for weapons and these girls made a whole bunch of stuff like duck tape wallets, bow ties, and pens. They looked like best friends, practically sisters. It's sad to think about this world possibly splitting them up." She said, gazing at the ceiling.

"But anyways, yeah, I would rather have brighter clothes, but dark leather is all I have seen. The only thing bad about wearing leather is that you can't wash the fucking things." Paige said, annoyed with the leather.

"Yeah." I agreed.

We finally got tired and fell asleep. That's the first time I stayed up late since this damn apocalypse started.

*Christmas Day*

I woke up early and decided to get everyone some presents.

I walked to the nearest mega store (it wasn't big enough to be a mall) and got John and Jocelyne English to Spanish and Spanish to English dictionaries. I figured it would help them communicate with each other as well as help John learn English in case if Jocelyne dies.

I got Paige a full set of jewelry. It came with a necklace, earrings, bracelets, and a ring. The gemstones were diamonds. The bases were platinum.

I got Lilly a dark red long sleeve shirt and some running shoes. She only has short sleeve shirts and worn out shoes.

All of this was a hassle to carry, but I managed. I got back before anyone woke up and put the presents next to their breakfast rations. I found some paper and a pen and wrote notes for the reason I got them their gifts.

I went back to where I was supposed to sleep and waited for someone to get up.