Strategy (Chapter 3)

It's been 2 months since I found Lilly. Most of the food is gone, but we still have a lot of water since the store still has electricity and water.

Nothing has happened much except for more bonding time with Lilly. I don't know why her group left her out on the side of the road, she's a nice person. Then again, she doesn't like to talk about her past. The only thing I know is that she had a dad named Larry.

"I'm gonna go check the gun store and see if they have anything left. You stay here." Lilly said.

"Alright." I say.

* 2 hours later *

Lilly hasn't come back yet. She can handle herself, but that doesn't mean I can't be worried. She should've at least been at yelling distance.

"ZOEY, I'M BACK!" Lilly yells at me, approaching the store.

"Oh thank god, I was starting to worry!,What took you so long!?" I almost screamed at her.

"These."

Lily pulled out a Hunting rifle and a pistol, as well as 2 silencers from a large duffle bag with tons of ammo that she must have found at the store.

"Woah." I said in awe.

"Woah is right. No walkers come by here, so we're loaded!" Lilly said with confidence.

Walkers? Weird.

The front door suddenly opened and Lilly and I quickly ducked behind the isle we were in.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN HERE! I SAW YOU COME IN! COME OUT NOW! YOU'RE OUTNUMBERED! IT'S 8 AGAINST 1!

Wrong. It's 8 against 2. A woman and a 16 year old girl. They must not know I'm here. I could use this to my advantage.

"What's the plan?" Lilly asked in a whisper.

"Lily, there are too many of them. We can kill them, but we may lose electricity. Are you okay with that?"

".... Yeah. I'm gonna miss it though."

"Alright. Now I want you to stand up and give yourself up. They don't know I'm here. I'll start a fire and get the sprinklers on. Then you'll see what happens next."

"I hope this works." Lilly said.

"I'M COMING UP, DON'T SHOOT!" Lilly yelled at the bandits.

They aimed their guns at her.

"What's in the bag!? Toss it over!" The leader of the bandits said.

"Fine."

She bent down to grab the bag and quickly gave me the pistol in case this doesn't work.

"Move over there." The bandit said.

They circled her from 8 different directions so that she couldn't escape.

Now's my chance. I run over to another isle and grab a pack of matches. I went to the back and struck one. It lit up. I moved it near the smoke detector and it started beeping. Then the water turned on.

"What the hell!?" Said the bandit.

I take a knife on my belt and cut an electrical line. I grab it and jump on the counter.

"LILLY, GO NOW!" I screamed.

She punched one in the face and another one shot at her, it barely missed her.

I then quickly placed the electrical cord on the floor and watched as the ground sparked up with purple streaks of electricity. The bodies of the bandits are shaking in place, not falling because of the shock.

I pick up the cord and they all fall over dead.

We successfully killed 8 bandits without wasting ammo.

Me and Lilly smile and realized that my plan had worked.