Christmas Day Confession (Chapter 7)

I quickly took the ring from Paige's gift and put it in my pocket.

Jocelyne woke up first and I pretended to just wake up. I'm going to regret waking up early. Jocelyne went for her breakfast rations and screamed when she saw the gifts.

"Guys, wake up! We got gifts!" She screamed with joy. Jeez, for someone her age, she sure acts like she's my age.

Everyone woke up and went to go get their gifts. When I wasn't the only one with a gift, they figured out that I was the one who went to go get them.

"Thank you so much, Zoey!" Jocelyne said

"Gracias!" John said.

Lilly got her gift next.

"Zoey, Thank you! And in my favorite color! And I love the shoes!" Lilly said, happy.

Paige got her gift last.

"Wait, before I put the jewelry on, here's your gift, Zoey." She said, pulling out a diamond bracelet.

"I'm not going to even question how you got this! Thanks Paige!" I said, hugging her.

Then we all ate breakfast.

Paige and I went to go look for more food and water.

"So Zoey, where did you live before the world went to shit?" Paige asked as we left.

"A place called Granite City."

"Oh." She said, sounding shocked.

"What is it Paige?" I said.

"There's something I need to tell you." She said, nervously.

We sat down to where we couldn't be reached by the zombies. I listened to what she had to say.

"I lived in Granite City, too. We went to the same high school. I would always see you with Ryker. He was your boyfriend, wasn't he?"

"No, he was my best friend." I said instantly.

She can't find out.

"I was there until the bandits fucked everything up." She told me.

"I was living with my grandma until she kicked me out." She started crying.

"Luckily, it was a day before the bandits took the men and left." She said between sobs.

"What did she kick you out for?" I asked, feeling sorry for her.

"I-I can't tell you. Not yet." She wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up.

"Okay, let's get moving." She said, her voice still shaky.

*Later*

Paige and I made it back safely with tons of food and water. It's amazing how people panic and forget to take food and water in the zombie apocalypse.

"Lilly, can I talk to you for a second?" Paige asked Lilly.

"Yeah, sure." Lilly said.

I followed them and stayed out of sight.

"Have you ever had a secret that you can't tell anyone because you're afraid that they'll hate you for it?" Paige asked, sounding nervous again.

"Yeah, I have." Lilly said.

"Do you want to tell me what it is?" Lilly said.

"I-I'm a lesbian." Paige said flatly.

"What should I do?" Paige asked Lilly with desperation in her voice.

"Just keep it to yourself. When the time is right, tell whoever you want." Lilly said.

"Thanks Lilly." Paige said.

I used the time from the silence to sneak back to my sleeping bag.

She was scared to tell me she was a lesbian? I don't care if she is or not, she's still a good person.

Soon we ate and then went to bed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN So yeah, Paige is a lesbian and we learned she lived in GC all this time. Thank you guys so much for reading. I hope these small numbers turn into large numbers when this story is done.