nine

❛ with our eyes covered

each of our hearts firmly shut

we turn our hacks on each other❜

NINE, ON THE RADAR

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A happy ending was hard to find when you lived your life like we did. I still remembered the exact moment when everything started going downhill, back at Mr. Jeon's house, when the mysterious redhead smashed his glass against the ground and gunshots began to blaze through the air, but I didn't fully realise how bad it was or how I was actually part of it all until one fateful moment.

Sometimes you just need someone to wake you the fuck up and for me the person who gave me the reality check that I needed, was no one else than King's famed new right-hand man. It turned out that there were actually two of them, a duo. I wasn't expecting to come face to face with them as fast as I did, or ever, but once it happened, everything changed. One glimpse of them was enough for me to recognise their faces and remember the last time that we saw each other. Yet another time, someone else who I thought would always be on my side, turned out to be standing on the opposite, together with my worst enemy.

And it all started when Sehun, Jungkook, Jennie and I found ourselves stuck in a traffic jam, right in the middle of that Godforsaken town where we were hiding from the law. It was a place where nothing ever happened and it was, until we appeared out of nowhere and naturally - trouble followed us. 

'' I will die before I will let you play that shitty pop music! '' Jungkook hissed, leaning forward from the backseat of the car and trying to reach the radio. His hair was still damp from the dive in the swimming pool that he took earlier and there was a faint sunburn on his cheeks. Life away from his father was treating him well. For now.

Jennie and Sehun were following Baekhyun's orders and their plan was to go run some important errands and meet up with an informant or two. They weren't really supposed to let Jungkook and I come along, but we managed to convince them. The mechanic clearly already regretted cracking under the pressure and now her nerves were starting to get the best of her. '' You will die before you let me play my music? That can be arranged. ''

She pulled out a pocket knife and swung it towards Jungkook, who quickly jumped back and cowered in the backseat. The blade shined under the sunlight, he raised his hands in defense and nervously mumbled: '' I am passionate about music choosing privileges, but not that passionate. On second thought, the last song that you played wasn't even all that bad. The lyrics are kind of catchy, I mean... I got the homis in my bag? Just... Incredible. ''