eleven

❛ if I could meet someone else

and fall in love, yeah

the more I think about it

the wounds in my heart deepen and I know

that I can't have any other love

ELEVEN, JUST FRIENDS 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

There was no victory without sacrifice.

Sometimes, a whole lot of people had to die for a drug lord to get his win, but I wasn't about to become one of them. Even if with the way that things were going right now, it seemed like I was going down a route that led directly to a grave. People were getting killed left and right, not just hitmen, but also informants, simple dealers, lab workers - anyone and instead of running away while I still could, I had no choice but to stand right in front of a gun. Locked and loaded, ready to shoot if I would make just one wrong step. 

I was whisked from behind the rusty prison bars of a drug warehouse and pushed on a stage. It was a while since the Diamond sang for anyone and I almost forgot how it felt like, even if the crowd was the same as always. The worst criminals of Seoul, watching from the shadowy corners of a club that got taken over by the gang that was hiding behind Falcon. It was far from Hitman's or Racer's territory, so it was my first time in this place, with blinding chandeliers, shining far above the tables that were dipped in darkness, red velvet armchairs and waiters that were all carrying rifle guns - an almost gruesome contrast with their fancy uniforms and an artistic touch that was decided by the gang boss himself. 

He has some nerve, whoever's in charge around here, but he's not the only one.

'' Where are we going? I'm tired of getting dragged around like this! You're making me miss that drug warehouse and the company of cockroaches that reside there! '' The same man who took me from the warehouse, appeared on the stage, interrupted my singing and started dragging me somewhere. He didn't like to talk unless he really needed to - most of the time, he simply ignored all of my questions and it was the same now. At first, I thought that perhaps he actually lost his tongue or something like that, but my endless complaining about the dress that he gave me before we came to the club, eventually made him crack. It was only after hearing one too many comments about how 'orange really wasn't my color', that he inevitably lost his patience and spoke up for the first time. '' I understand that I am technically your prisoner- ''

'' It's without the 'technically'. You are our prisoner, '' he seriously corrected me and tightened his grip around my wrist. 

I scoffed at the man and angrily shook my head. His fingers were firmly wrapped around my wrist while he ushered me between the tables that were scattered in front of the stage. Instead of stopping at one of them, he pulled me towards the stairs that lead to the second floor of the building and down a similar, but quieter and more private area. Most of the tables here were empty, except for two of them. One was full of people that I didn't recognise, while the second was occupied by a group of younger guys, where I spotted the now already familiar Haechan, who was waving his hands through the air and explaining something to his friends with a bright smile. '' Fine, I might be your prisoner, but I'm still not here to entertain people. Where are you taking me? Am I finally going to see your boss? It better be him. I am not going to entertain some other guest of your party! Are you taking me to the boss or not- ''