Chapter XIX

I made my way back home because I was exhausted after what happened today.

First I find this letter, which was obviously for me and then I meet a complete stranger on whom I may have started developing a small crush, but of course who was once again older than me.

The day was over and I finally had some time for myself.

I threw my head on the pillow that was lying on my couch, waiting for me.

I so badly wanted to sleep that I didn't even turn on the TV, and that was a first.

I started thinking about Naomi, the famous stranger that fell into my hands, from literally nowhere.

She was just so kind.

I didn't have the time to think about something else because I already fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up a bit early, not really knowing why.

I decided to use that extra time to take a shower and clear my thoughts, because obviously I needed it.

After getting out of the bathroom, I chose something to wear. I wasn't in the mood to waste my time picking a nice outfit. I just took an old white sweater, my usual black pair of jeans, and my old white pair of vans.

I unplugged my phone and then realized it wasn't plugged correctly, so I basically had 25% for a whole day. Not to forget that I'm using an iPhone so it will last around 10min. Great.

I didn't have the time to think about how my life sucked, so I just went downstairs and took something to eat.

I put my bag on both of my shoulders and went outside, making sure I closed the door behind me. But on second thoughts, it's not like I some valuable stuff in my house so yeah.

I didn't like to spend much time at home because I was feeling lonely and I was quickly getting bored.

I liked walking down the streets, listening to my music. Even though I almost got hit by a car a few times.

Luckily today I didn't have any classes because the only teacher that I had was sick, so I thought it could be a good idea to spend my entire afternoon in the cafeteria, sitting in my favorite spot, while watching a show on my phone or reading a book.

I liked spending my free time that way because sometimes I didn't want to be bothered or just simply be around people.

Once I entered the cafeteria, I went straight to my favorite spot in the back, next to a window where the view was just phenomenal.

I took out a book and started reading it while savouring my coffee.

I loved spending time in that cafeteria, not just because of the coffee, even though it's good. I really liked the sound of people coming and ordering their favorite meal while talking about how their day went.

I shook my head and resumed my book.

While reading, I felt a hand gently brush my shoulder. I kind of jumped because it scared the shit out of me.

That's when I saw Naomi.

" Sorry I don't mean to scare you, I just thought I'd say hello " she said smiled at me.

That woman always had a smile on her face, that was just unbelievable.

" Don't worry I'm just a bit tired that's all " I said not wanting her to worry, but obviously failed.

" Are you sure? " She said with a questioning look.

I didn't want to answer because I don't felt like lying to her. I don't know why but she was one the kindest person I've ever seen and lying to her would be sad.

" Are you waiting for anyone? "

" N- No. I just like spending my afternoons here, reading or watching movies. " I said trying not to sound miserable.

" Do you mind if I join you? "

She smiled at me and obviously I couldn't say no.

" Of course, I don't mind "

She sat in front of me and took her black denim jacket off.

I don't know why but I felt uncomfortable watching her, and she knew it too.

" So what are you reading? " She said looking right into my eyes.

She asked me a few questions and we talked the whole afternoon.

I really liked spending time with her, but I didn't want to get close to her because I was scared of, once again being hurt.

I looked at her without saying anything, it was weird but we just sat there, not really knowing what to say.

That's when I saw someone ordering something. I didn't know why but I felt like I've already seen this person, and that's totally understandable because when the person turned back, it was my English teacher, miss Williams.

She looked at me but then realized there was someone in front of me. The thing is that she couldn't see who it was.

That's when I saw how jealous she looked before she turned her back and got out of the cafeteria.

I don't know why but I didn't really feel bad, maybe because of the way she hurt me. So maybe Naomi was my chance to hurt her.

-
Hey there, I hoped you enjoyed the chapter even though it's a bit short. I don't really know what to say, I'm sorry if I didn't write anything for the last 2 months but I really didn't feel like writing. It's getting difficult to find any inspiration these days.
Anyway I hope you liked that chapter and don't forget to tell me if there are any mistakes.
-