CHAPTER 5: A KISS AND A CALL

QUENTIN BECK
flashback

"For the next Ironman I choose you," Peter mumbled against my lips as my heart broke in my chest. "I trust you, Quentin Beck."

The grin on his face was full of so much hope, so much trust that I wanted to fall to my knees and tell him everything. But I couldn't be so selfish to all the people that wanted to show Tony Stark he made a mistake by harming us.

"I should probably get back before my teachers notice." He pulled away, smile fading slightly, "but I'll see you soon."

No you won't.

My heart throbbed in my chest because I knew it would be my last time seeing him. He gasped when I tugged him into my chest with an iron grip but he melted against me after. I held him as close to me as he could possibly get and tried to hold myself together.

"Yeah," I faked a smile, "I'll see you soon."

He got off of the bar stool and walked out of the door and I watched him through the window in pain as he left. I can't do this, I can't do this to him. I dashed out the door.

"Peter, wait!" I called.

He turned around and beamed when he saw me. "Peter, I-"

"Want a goodbye kiss," he finished my sentence for me. But that wasn't what I was going to say.

He walked closer and cupped my face in his hands, eyes gazing into mine intensely. I ran my own from his waist up to his back as I pushed our chests together. He brought our faces together and our lips connected. I put so much passion, so much love into one kiss. So much feeling that I didn't even know I was capable of it.

I bit his bottom lip softly, causing a whimper of desire to escape his lips which only spurred me on. I wanted more, more of his body that I craved. And I craved even more to see his bubbly, innocent personality every day. I wanted to wake up next to him and be the one to make him smile.

"Tomorrow," he whispered and his hands traveled from my cheeks to against my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and tousled it delicately, marveling in the feel of Peter so close to me.

He went to leave but I tugged him back, not being able to stand the thought of him leaving me. It was my own fault, though, since I was the one leaving him.

"Don't waste it." I placed a soft kiss onto his forehead, "don't waste your life. We live in an imperfect world but it's the only one we've got."

He giggled and pushed me away jokingly. "You're acting like I'm never going to see you again."

Because I'm not.

I wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him so bad that it hurt. By telling him, I'd hurt the dozen people that I cared about. The people that brought me up when I was down. I'd betray every single one of them.

And with Peter... he would never be able to forgive me. For good reason. It's not like I should expect him to. I was hurting him in the worst way possible. I'd break his trust when he was exposing all of himself to me. He gave me the only thing that Tony had left for him, and all of his faith in the world along with it. But with him, how much I cared went to an extensive length that it was almost dangerous. The dozen people I was giving him up for couldn't even begin to compare to how I felt for him.

It's crazy how deep he's reeled me in when we just met.

But it was like an instant connection the first time I saw him. I was pulled in by his cuteness and how nerdy and awkward he was. But then I got to know him and I just fell so much deeper so quickly. I was spiraling down a black hole that sucked me in. And I was the one who created it.