CHAPTER 21: ARGUMENTS AND SURPRISES

DRAWING CREDIT TO pinkpipedream

PETER PARKER
Present traveling to the past

I groaned as I landed in a tree, branches scrapping my skin and leaves getting stuck in my hair as I climbed down cautiously.

"Ouch." I grumbled.

I looked around, having no idea where I was. It was flooded with so many trees that I could barely see anything. I jumped when I heard a crashing sound and I got ready to attack the intruder until I came face to face with Quentin.

"Holy shit." He breathed, "That was intense."

"Quentin," I whined, "I told you to stay back there! Why didn't you listen to me?"

He stood up and brushed the dirt off of his pants, "It's my responsibility to make sure that you're safe. Plus May told me to." He argued.

"How is that your responsibility?" I narrowed my eyes into slits, "I'm not a baby."

He ignored my agitated expression and cupped my cheeks with his warm hands, "You're my baby." He grinned with a cheeky smile.

I pushed him away and sighed, annoyed with him, "Could you stop breathing down my neck for five minutes?" I ranted, "You keep treating me like some damsel in distress when I can take care of myself."

He looked hurt but masked it quickly, "I know you can usually handle yourself, Peter. You're strong and I admire that. But just yesterday you were a mess over your Aunt May. For good reason of course, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you were. And you haven't been in a good place with everything that's been going on and it's affecting the way you'd usually react." He tried to explain but I shook my head, still mad.

I knew he was right. And that just made me more angry.

"I'm literally fine, so just fuck off, ok?" I demanded, "I don't need saving, especially from you."

His calm exterior sooner turned into an aggravated one but he clenched his fists, trying to swallow it down, "What's that supposed to mean?"

I pushed his chest and stared at him dead in the eyes, "You know exactly what that means." I scowled.

He gripped my hands on his chest and held them with a harsh grasp, "Don't talk to me like that." He deadpanned. I tried to pry myself away from him but he held me in place.

"Let go." I glared, "I said let go!" He didn't let go.

I shoved him against one of the trees and he quickly turned the tables, pushing me against the opposite one, "I don't know what the hell has gotten into you but you better quit it right now." He warned. I kneed him in the gut since he was pinning my hands above my head and he let out a grunt, clutching his stomach, "What the fuck Peter!" He yelled.

My own stomach instantly filled with regret and guilt and I reached out to touch him but he yanked himself away from me, "I-I'm sorry." I mumbled, "I didn't mean that." He just scoffed and backed away even more.

"If I'm such a burden to you then maybe I shouldn't have come here after all, seeing as you don't give a single fuck about me." He muttered with a blank look on his face.

"No, I'm glad you came." I whispered. But that was half a lie. I wanted him here for my own selfish benefit, but I wanted him to go for his own safety. I knew that if something happened to me, which it probably would, that he'd do anything to protect me. Even if he ended up getting himself killed for it.

And even if he really was annoying me today it didn't matter because I couldn't live in a world without Quentin Beck.

"I take you for a lot of things but a liar wasn't one of them." He scoffed. I inched closer toward him, desperate to soothe both of our anger with my touch but he shoved me away just like I did with him moments before.