CHAPTER 19: MISTAKES AND DISTRACTIONS

PETER PARKER
Present

I peeked through the window, fingers curling to hold onto the ledge as I searched for Aunt May. I was back at the abandoned building, ready to kick some ass. But there was nobody to be found.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Where the hell is she?

I had searched every single room in the house before sighing in defeat.

"Karen?" I called, "Where are they?"

"I'm not sure, Peter." My suit lady responded, "Would you like me to try and track their location?"

I parted my lips in shock, "Uh, yeah!" I cheered, "That's so cool." I mumbled under my breath.

I crawled around the brick wall again just to double check when a pigeon flew by me, making me startled as I crashed to the ground with a loud, "Ah!"

I groaned and clutched my head once I hit the ground, "I'm good. I'm okay." I exhaled aloud to no one. Well, I thought I was talking to nobody. Suddenly, at least thirty men in matching clothes darted toward me with huge, scary looking guns.

"W-Woah!" I scrambled back, still on the ground, "What are you doing with those?!" My head flickered to see Happy standing beside one of the guards, "Happy?"

"Where is he!" A soldier shouted at me and all of the men looked around with cold glares on their faces.

"Where is who?" I scrunched up my face at him in confusion.

"Shadow!" They all yelled in unison.

"I don't know, I've been looking everywhere and no one's here." I wobbled as I stood up and rubbed the dirt off of my bottom, intimidated by all the scary looking men staring at me.

Happy looked at me weirdly, "Then why were you screaming?"

My cheeks blushed red in embarrassment, "Oh, I, um- I fell off of the wall." I admitted and kicked a rock beneath my feet, "Wait, why is everybody here? You were all asleep when I left!"

Happy stalked toward me and I winced at the cold look in his eyes, "If he isn't here then we need to figure out where he is." He demanded.

"My suit lady said she can track their location." I assured him and felt uncomfortable at how many men were glaring at me, "Can you tell them to back off?" I whispered to Happy, "And is Quentin here?" I looked around anxiously. I knew he would be mad that I left during the middle of the night without telling him. If he did that to me I'd punch him in the throat.

"Figure out where they are now." He instructed and turned around to go back to the cars they came in.

"Happy!" I yelled but he completely ignored me and I sighed in exasperation, yanking on the sleeve on a random guard instead.

"Where is Quentin?"

He narrowed his eyes at me and tugged away my grasp on him, "Stark Towers, along with the two kids."

"Oh." I looked down in disappointment.

Why didn't he come?

He looked at me with sympathy for a moment and groaned before leaning into my ear, "Happy locked them in there. Said they'd only get in the way." I opened my mouth to ask more questions but he was already sprinting back to the cars with everyone else.

"They're in Stark Towers, Peter." Karen suddenly spoke up and I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"The system must be messed up. This is where he wanted me to come, there's no way he would-" I froze, blood turning cold, "Happy!" I screamed and everyone's attention was on me in an instant, "He's in Stark Towers!" And for the first time since he found out about May, he looked something other than apathetic. He looked terrified.