CHAPTER 30: HOME AND GOODBYES

ART BY pinkpipedream

PETER PARKER
Present traveling to the past

Quentin, Mr Stark, an agitated Happy and I all stood huddled together next to the destruction of what once was Stark Towers. The building was collapsed with debris everywhere and it was utterly destroyed. They were all talking about something important but all I could think about was how I had to say goodbye to Tony. I wasn't ready and I had no idea what to say.

He didn't know what the future was like and he wasn't even my Mr Stark so nothing would make sense to him, they just had the same face in common.

"Peter?" Quentin reached out to squeeze my hand sweetly and to catch my attention, "Are you listening?"

I blinked for a second before shaking away my thoughts, "Sorry I got distracted." I mumbled sheepishly.

He didn't look convinced but turned back to their conversation anyway. His hand with still in mine, thumb rubbing the back of mine up and down soothingly. My ears perked up in interest and concern at Tony's words.

"About back there," He began and swallowed nervously, "You're my son?" He asked Quentin.

"I'm Olivia's son." He narrowed his eyes, "You've never been much of a father."

She hadn't been much of a mother, either.

Mr Stark sighed and averted his eyes, trying to fathom some sort of response. I glanced at Quentin. They were both wearing expressions that were the opposite of the other. Mr Stark looked uncomfortable, like he had no idea what to say. Quin looked bothered, like he had too many that were begging to lash out but he didn't say a single one of them.

This time it was my turn to squeeze his hand and offered a comforting smile which he accepted easily and visibly relaxed a little bit.

"How is she? It's been a long time since I've talked to her, she started ignoring me and I'm still not quite sure why." He rambled awkwardly while everyone avoided eye contact. I felt Quin squeeze my hand so tightly it hurt.

Oh boy.

"She's doing great." Quentin lied and forced a smile, "No thanks to you, but she's doing great."

Mr Stark sighed in relief before it got uncomfortably silent again, "I think the two of you should talk alone." I suggested and Happy instantly agreed.

"I think that's the best idea you've had since you got here." He zoomed away from the tense conversation. I went to follow but Quin grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"You're staying with me until we're one hundred percent this is all over." He pressed a kiss onto my cheek and I blushed.

"Not in front of Mr Stark!" I hissed under my breath, embarrassed but stayed nonetheless. The both of us knew it was over for sure. I knew he wanted me with him for moral support rather than protecting me. He didn't want to be alone.

"I think we should get back soon, so if you two plan on growing the balls to have a conversation then now would be the time." I huffed and draped an arm around Quentin, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know what you want me to say." Tony admitted, "I was just a dumb teenager who couldn't commit to anything serious and I can't take back my mistakes."