Mission Failed

As we waited for room service to arrive with our food, I sat on the sofa and watched some show about how supercell storms come to be. As the screen showed various pictures of dark clouds and devastating disasters from all over the world, I pretended to be deeply engrossed with what I was watching while occasionally glancing at the fully-clothed man beside me. Kaname's eyes were glued on the screen but he was obviously bored, as evidenced by his glazed eyes. His mind was obviously somewhere else.

With an impish smile on my lips, I decided to liven things up a bit once more. I started with combing my hair to the side with my fingers, thus exposing my neck. When that didn't catch his attention, I sneakily loosened the sash of my robe so that the valley between my mounds were showing. I revealed just enough skin to make sure he won't take his eyes off me once he noticed. Then, I shifted and rested my head on his lap without even moving my eyes away from the show. I was now lying on my back with my head facing the television. My movements were all very normal and didn't expose my plan to seduce the shogun. I mentally did a somersault when I sensed his eyes on me.
It wasn't long before I felt him touch me. Kaname's fingers combed through my hair. This affectionate gesture of his never failed to make me drowsy, it wasn't long before I was yawning nonstop. I turned away from the television to sleepily look at him.

"Sleepy?" he asked with a doting smile.

"Mmm-hmm," I replied while hooking my arms around his neck like a spoiled child.

"Food will be here any minute now," he said while pulling me closer.

"I'm not hungry."

"Really?" he chuckled. "I can vividly remember how ravenous you were just minutes ago."

I swear I deserve an award for best actress because I actually managed to blush at his words before lowering my lashes demurely.

"Do you want to rest first before eating?" I heard him ask.

I nodded my head and let out another yawn. Damn, I'm so good at this! I'd like to give myself a loud applause but that will only expose me. Without saying anything, my husband gently carried me to the king-sized bed. As he lifted me, I slyly loosened my robe even more so that when he laid me on the bed, only a teeny tiny small part of my bosom was left covered. With my eyes closed, I yawned again and rolled to my side to keep up with my charade. I fought the urge to laugh triumphantly when Kaname started kissing me. I moaned softly as he nibbled on my lower lip, this caused him to deepen the kiss until I found myself out of breath. He released my lips only to rain kisses on my jaw, neck, down to the area I was deviously baring just a while ago...

"Anata..." I moaned as his skillful fingers traced my womanly curves.

His lips and hands were going further down south when three knocks on the door came followed by the voice of a man announcing it was room service. Kaname redid my robe before gently releasing me without hesitation and answering the door. There was a spring in his step, as though he was excited about something. With a frown, I sat up and threw one of the pillows on the floor petulantly. Mission failed!

~~~

I was still feeling peevish for not getting what I wanted so after dinner, I locked myself inside the bathroom. When I got out, I continued with my pretense of feeling sleepy so I got into my pajamas and buried myself in the soft and thick duvet. By the time Kaname finished with his own shower, I was truly one step away from entering dreamland. I waited and waited for him to make a move but, surprise surprise, he didn't! I didn't know what was wrong with me but I really just wanted some action in bed right at that moment but my stupid husband chose to be tame and boring!

The next morning, the irritation I felt before I finally managed to zonk out became three times stronger. I woke to Kaname's limbs wrapped around me like vines as always but instead of smiling and feeling thankful, I grumpily squirmed out of his embrace and left the bed to wash up and change into a dress. Without waiting for him to wake up, I went downstairs to have breakfast on my own.

I opted for the hotel's café because I was craving for a pain au chocolat and English breakfast tea. Tea and chocolate never fail to make me happy so I was going to indulge myself that morning. I was about to push open the glass door of the place when a familiar figure caught my eye.

"Charles?" I called out to the man who was about to exit the hotel.

The man's built, height, and fashion sense were quite similar to his so I blurted out his name without even thinking. The man visibly flinched but continued to walk away without turning back. He looked as though he was in a hurry plus he might not even be my son so I didn't think much of it and went inside.

~~~

I inserted the key card to its slot but was denied entry once more, this was the fifth time this has happened and I was starting to get seriously pissed off. It looked like tea and chocolate won't be enough to improve my mood this morning. I tried once more but the door still didn't budge.

I resignedly decided to knock on the door but Kaname didn't answer. I guess he was still sound asleep; it was barely nine in the morning after all. Unfortunately, I couldn't call him on his phone because mine was plugged and charging on the bedside table. While trying to keep my irritation in control, I went to the front desk to ask for assistance.

"Hi. There seems to be something wrong with my key card. It won't let me in my room," I told the female staff whose name was Jane based on her nameplate.

"May I borrow your card so I can check it?" Jane smilingly asked.

I nodded then handed her my card. She swiped it on a device that was connected to her computer, frowned, and swiped it again.

"Ma'am, is your room number 1508?" she asked.

"No, it's 1217."

"Our system says that you upgraded your room to the lake view honeymoon suite today," she told me with a slightly confused expression. "The suite is on the fifteenth floor."