- 3 -

When Wanda woke up the next morning, Pietro wasn't beside her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, trying to remember him leaving. She got up and walked out to the kitchen, finding him standing in front of the stove. "Morning," He said without turning around.

"Morning" She walked over to him and started the kettle. 

"Did you actually sleep after you woke up?" 

"Yes, I did. You should have known since I was clearly asleep when you got up" She pointed out.

"Right, sorry" He set a plate of toast on the table. "Go eat, I'll finish your tea" She walked over to the bookshelf in the corner and pulled out the fifth book of the series she was reading. Pietro set a mug in front of her as she sat at the table with her book. He kissed the top of her head before running to get dressed.

"Thank you," He said, coming back out to the living room.

"For what?" She asked, rinsing her plate and cup.

"Eating" She rolled her eyes and went to get ready. She came out a while later, wearing a red dress and a black leather jacket, her hair still wet from her shower.

"Something looks wrong in this picture" Pietro said from the couch. Wanda looked around and then back up at him. He raised his eyebrows. Wanda looked down at herself and rolled her eyes, laughing. The went back to her room and pulled on her black leather wrist bracers.

"Better?" She asked when she came back out.

"Better" He smirked as he got up and held his arm out for her. She took it as they walked down to the car.

--------------------------------

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Wanda said quickly, bending down to clean up the porcelain from the cup she dropped. The man she was serving rolled his eyes in annoyance. Wanda ran to the kitchen to get the mop.

"What's wrong?" Pietro tried to stop her on her way out. 

"Just a minute" She quickly went back to the table and started mopping up the coffee. A loud noise in her head made her wince and drop the mop.

You'd think they would be able to find better waitresses around town. Every day she seems to be cleaning something up. I came today because she doesn't work Saturdays. Who changed the schedule? Now I have to memorize a new one? What a ditz of an owner this place has.

Wanda ran back to the kitchen after feeling her eyes burn red.

"Hey, hey, hey" Pietro stopped her once she made it to the kitchen. She leaned against the counter and held her head. "What's wrong?"

"I just...that man..."

"What man?" He started out the door but she grabbed his arm.

"No, leave him," She told him.

"Why do you say that like I would hurt him?" He askes suspiciously.

"What? No-"

"Wanda, what about that man?"

"Well..." She took a deep breath and looked up. "He was angry that I was working today, he only comes on Saturday because you're working. Then he was angry that the schedule changed and then he called Maya a ditz for changing the schedule." Pietro's jaw was clenched when she was done. Wanda stood up and grabbed his arm as he tried to leave. "Leave him" She pleaded. The bell on the counter rang and Wanda sighed. She let go of him so he could go help whoever it was who was at the counter. She took a deep breath before following him. As soon as she stepped out of the kitchen she froze. The man whose cup she dropped was talking with Pietro, who was leaning forward on the counter between them. She focused on her brother's mind, listening to their conversation.

"-that Saturday's were your days"

"Yes, well, clearly not today" Pietro spoke slowly, remembering what Wanda had said.

"So, are you two switching?" The man tried to sound casual, but to Wanda, it wasn't working.

"Why?"

"Well, I just like to know what goes on around here"

"Well, our hours aren't really what goes on around here" He replied bitterly. "And the next time you come in, I'm spitting in your Iced Capp." The man looked utterly appalled.

"Excuse me," He stood up straighter. "What would the owner say if she were to hear your threat?"

"Believe me, I'll be informing her. Then even when I'm not here, you aren't welcome" Pietro turned around and walked back over to where Wanda was standing.

"Why?" She breathed.

"That was the man, wasn't it?"

"Yes, well, to him you banned him for no reason. It's not fair to punish him for thinking something I wasn't supposed to know"

"Did you look in his head?"

"What? No"

"Then he was clearly thinking too loudly"

"Pietro," She sighed and went to empty the cash register for the night. "He wasn't wrong. Every time he sees me, I'm always cleaning something that I've dropped. It was my fault"

"No, Wanda." He turned the OPEN sign off as the last lady left. "It isn't your fault. Your hands are always shaky around people." She looked down at the counter.

"I really do try," She said quietly.

"I know," He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. "You try so hard and you've gotten so good. I remember, your first day, Maya called me because you had an anxiety attack."

"I remember" She sighed. "If I can't handle the cafe, what do you think school's gonna be like?"

"I'll be with you. You know I won't leave you for a second"

"I know" He kissed her head.

"Let's go home"

__________________________

Hey guys! You have to tell me if this sucks, okay? I reread it this morning, and I think I might delete it. Or at least unpublish it.

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony✨