- 16 -

SWEARING IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

When Pietro was finally allowed back to school, the history project was well underway. Wanda and Janice were at each other's throat's 24/7. Janice insisted on doing the presentation, leaving Wanda to write the essay. Ethan would watch with interest whenever they met in the library to work. Watching Wanda when she was angry was like free entertainment. She would scowl at him and even smack his arm afterwards, but he wasn't going to stop.

"Aren't you finished the essay yet?" He asked one night as they were walking to her apartment. Pietro worked nights and he was tasked with making sure she got home safely.

"Of course I am, but she insists I make it better! Constantly! Because 'her grades are on the line'" She mocked. "Ugh I can't believe I agreed to this!"

"Neither can I," Ethan smirked. "But come on, surely someone as smart as you could do it right the first time." She blushed.

"You would think, wouldn't you?"

"Why don't you hand in the first one you wrote, she won't know until you hand it in,"

"Because then she'd kick my ass, resulting in Pietro being expelled," She chuckled, her keys jingling in the door.

"Fair point" They walked into their apartment, freezing as a loud thud sounded.

"That wasn't-" He was cut off as Wanda put up her hand to shush him. They didn't turn the lights on, Ethan stood frozen as Wanda silently walked further into the apartment, crimson eyes bright in the darkness. She listened intently until the staticky noise in her head subsided and a coherent thought broke through.

Fuck, you'd think natives would have more money than this

She exhaled, her entire body relaxing when she realized it was simply a robber. She flicked the lights on and put a hand on her hip as the man jumped a foot in the air.

"Don't come any closer!" He warned, brandishing a knife. Ethan's eyes widened when he saw Wanda's eyes flash again. He couldn't move to protect her, he just stood frozen in fear.

"Get. Out." She hissed, head tilted to the side. If Ethan was a stranger he'd be terrified of the girl in front of him.

"Give me all your cash!"

"What are you, stupid?" Wanda spat. "Do we look like we have cash? Get your sorry ass out of my home or Hell will welcome you at the gate." The man shuddered at her threat, eyes suddenly fearful as he noticed hers.

"What are you, a demon?!" He cried, still holding the knife in front of him.

"To some." She answered simply, barely hesitating. "To others I'm an angel. But to you, I'll be much, much worse." She growled. Red mist surrounded her hand as she curled her fingers. The man fell to his knees with a scream. Wanda held him there, watching through scarlet lenses as the man writhed on the floor. She dropped her hand once she was satisfied, leaving him panting.

"If you value your life, you will run and never come anywhere near here ever again. I won't ask again, and I doubt I'll be able to stop myself from killing you if you refuse." The man shot up with a grunt, sprinting out the door. Wanda slammed it with a wave of her hand.

"Holy shit," Ethan breathed. He couldn't wrap his around what just happened. The girl who cowered behind her brother, who couldn't stand up to bullies and who let anxiety rule her life, had almost just killed a man. He called her the Scarlet Witch as a joke but now he believed it. As soon as she laid her eyes on the man trying to rob her and her brother, her expression turned to steel, her heart had become cold stone, and her mind became a weapon. Ethan would have pissed himself just from the threats she made let alone her going through with them. Not only was Wanda Maximoff a beautiful, pure soul, she was also a force to be reckoned with. "That was badass."

Wanda turned and flashed a smile at him. "I feel like pizza, what about you?"

Ethan was certain this is what love felt like.

_______________________________________

Hey guys! A special thank you to @NoukyPhobia for encouraging me to continue this book. I'd like to recommend my other Fanfictions, I have a Maximoff Twins Oneshots book, a Wanda x OC book (Pietro is alive, duh), a Maximoff twins and Xmen book, and some others from other fandoms. Apologies for the length of this chapter, but at least it's something, right?

Let me know what you think!

Talk later,

-Harmony