- 11 -

Pietro decided he would stay beside Wanda all day. Emily suggested Pietro just talk to Janice, and Ethan said they should just confront her. Wanda didn't like any of their ideas, but didn't have a better one.

"Good morning!" Emily greeted when Pietro sat down at their station in Science.

"It will never cease to amaze me how energetic you are. Especially this early in the morning." She giggled.

"You get used to it," Ethan said over his shoulder, chuckling.

"Alright, if you'll quiet down please," Everyone turned to the front of the class, where a woman was standing in the place of Mr. Allan. "You were assigned questions yesterday, and you will work with your partner to complete them today by the end of class." She wasn't even finished her sentence when the class took out their books and started chatting with their partners.

"Huh. We don't have a substitute very often," Ethan said as he and Wanda turned in their seats to face Pietro and Emily.

"I'm not complaining," Wanda said. Ethan chuckled.

"Didn't think you would."

"Maybe we should work?" Emily pointed out. Pietro picked up his notebook and passed it to Wanda.

"She finished the questions yesterday," He explained when Ethan and Emily gave him questioning looks.

"Don't feel like doing them yourself?" Emily teased.

"Not at all." He smirked. "Besides, she'll have it finished before I even read the first question." Ethan and Emily laughed.

"I don't doubt it"

--------------------------------------

"Uh, did we decide what we were doing about her?" Emily asked nervously, pointing at Janice, who was walking towards their lunch table. Wanda stood up and tried to leave, but Ethan grabbed her arm and pulled her back into her seat beside him.

"Hey, guys," Janice said innocently when she reached their table. "Heard Mr. Allan wasn't here today. Any idea where he went?" They all shared a look and Emily kicked Pietro under the table.

"Uh, no. Do you know?" He asked.

"Well I heard he was printing out new tests, saying that they were too easy. But that was just a rumour." She shrugged.

"Well, if you already knew, why did you ask?" Pietro asked, earning another kick from Emily.

"Just wondering if you heard anything different." She shrugged again, glaring over at Wanda.

"Okay, can I talk to you for a second?" Pietro stood up and grabbed her arm, pulling her out into the hallway. Wanda groaned and put her head on the table. Ethan chuckled and rubbed her back.

"Come on, we don't know what he's doing," He pointed out.

"I don't even want to know," Wanda told him, sitting back in her chair.

Pietro came back with anger in his eyes, expression only softening when he looked over at Wanda.

"Do I wanna know?" Emily asked.

"I don't know, do you?" Pietro teased. She rolled her eyes.

"What did you say?"

"To stay away." He said simply. Wanda shook her head.

"Lunch will over soon, I don't want to be late" She said, standing up.

"Wanda, you don't have to go so soon. Let's just stay here for a few more minutes," Ethan said.