- 14 -

"Hey, Wanda, right?" Wanda turned to see a boy with dark hair standing behind her. She recognized him as the boy who had tried to help her on her first day when she had a headache.

"Uh, yeah."

"So, Wanda. I once told Janice that I would hurt anyone who hurt her."

"Okay?" She breathed.

"But, she doesn't want me to hurt your brother. She thinks it would upset him more if I hurt you."

"Okay?"

"See, I would rather not hit a pretty girl for no reason. Do me a favor and apologize to Janice for me?"

"Well, I would, but, um, what would I be apologizing for?" She asked nervously, seeing Pietro walking towards them from over the boy's shoulder.

"I don't know, whatever it is you did to her."

"I didn't do anything. I-I could be wrong-"

"Then apologize for no reason." Wanda sighed and walked over to her locker.

"Oh, hey. Brave of you to come over here." Janice greeted.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry-"

"No, she isn't" Wanda sighed. Pietro came up behind her, putting an arm around her shoulders.

"Really? That's not what she was about to say," The boy said.

"Jake, I think you should keep your promises," Janice said sweetly. The boy, Jake, turned to Wanda and gave her an apologetic look. He took a step forward, but Pietro was quicker. He jumped in front of Wanda and punched him in the face. Wanda's eyes widened and her hand flew up to her mouth in shock. Jake got up and went to punch Pietro, but he wasn't fast enough. Even without his speed, Pietro was much faster than him and was punching him repeatedly. Ethan and Emily came running up behind Wanda, as a small crowd gathered around Janice's locker. Janice was leaning against the wall, smirking. The more people gathered around, the harder it was becoming for Wanda to block out their thoughts.

Holy shit, that dudes brave

Oh my goodness, is that Jake Thompson? Who on earth would fight him?

This is so going viral

Wanda put her head in her hands. Ethan noticed immediately and pushed the people away.

"Pietro, enough. Stop it," Emily pleaded. She looked around, trying desperately to think of something that would get Pietro to stop. "Your sister's hurt!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Mr. Allan and Mr. Johns were pushing through the crowd, pulling the two boys away from each other. Mr. Allan immediately started taking Jake to the nurse's office.

"Mr. Maximoff, my office, now." The principal ordered as the everyone started leaving to keep from getting in trouble. Pietro went over to where Wanda was standing in the corner. She had her head in her hands and was shaking.

"Hey," He said gently, pulling her hands from her face.

"Are you insane?" She whispered.

"Yes." He said simply.

"You should go," He sighed when he heard her voice crack.

"Come on, you can come with me."

"No, I'm okay here."

"Wanda, come on. There are too many people here" He put his arm around her, and she noticed his knuckles were bleeding.

"Miss Maximoff-"