family dinner

Kaylee was in the kitchen helping her mother preparing a late lunch for their guest. After the scene in the living room they decided to take a break. Jace's family went to the guest house and Jace went for a walk to clear his head. "what do you think that was about?' Kaylee asked dishing the chicken out of the pan into a bowl.

"I'm not sure dear. This family has been through a lot in the last few years. Let them work it out themselves." Summer says to her daughter. She was curious too about what grace meant but she knew that they were all caught up in the news about Jace being found that she may have said something she didn't mean.

"Mom they are my family now, the second that Jace and I mated they became my family. I don't want Jace to go through this alone, but I don't want to get in the middle of Jace getting to know his family." Kaylee says looking to her mother.

"Kaylee you will never get in between him and his family. His family knows that once two werewolves are mated, they become one. They love each other unconditionally and will need the other one there whenever they are going through something. Take your mother and I for example we made it through together, we just took it on one step at a time." Dean says as he joins his girls in the kitchen. He walks over and places a kiss on Kaylee's forehead and one on his mates' lips.

"Hey Kaylee." Jace says walking into the room a few minutes later.

"Hey how was your walk?" Kaylee asks placing the bowl down in the table.

"It was good." Jace says as he places his hands into his pockets.

"How about you two go wash up for lunch. Lunch is in a half hour." Summer says looking at the young couple.

"Ok we will be back in about twenty minutes." Kaylee says pulling Jace from the kitchen. They walk over to their house.

"Hey how are you doing?" Kaylee asks as they sit on the couch in their living room.

"I'm fine. It's just a lot being thrown back into a family. I have your family and my family, it's a lot. When I was trapped in my cell there was me and rose and that was it." Jace admits. "I dreamt of meeting my mate and starting a family with her, but I need time to adjust to what I have is that ok?" Jace says looking down at his mate. She was cuddle into his side and he had his arm around her shoulders holding her close.

"So, you been worried about hurting me because you're not ready to settle down and start a family and not about you meeting your own family? Jace, we are young. We have lots of time, we can wait as long as you want." She replied looking at her mate.

"Thank you, you are the best mate anyone could have ever hoped for." Jace says placing a kiss on her temple.

.

.

.

Twenty minutes later Kaylee and Jace were goofing around on the couch in her parents living room. "No way." Kaylee laughs.

"Oh yes." Jace laughs as he reaches for his mate and tickling her sides. Kaylee's laughs fill the room just as Jace's family return for dinner.

"Its nice to hear that laughter again after so many years." Ellen said sitting down in the living room with her mate.

"I have to agree." John says.

"I always say that the sound of my children's laughter is my favorite." Summer says as she and dean walk in. "Lunch is ready. We are just waiting on my son and his mate and your daughter." She adds in sitting on the couch with her mate.

"Have you heard anything from Grace?" Jace asks allowing Kaylee is sit up properly.

"No." John says. He was worried about his daughter, but he knows that she was safe on Dean territory.