here's to...

When the group leaves the building, the notice that the only rouges who were left were tied together in a group. They make their way through the messy ground. Evan was holding on to Kaylee tightly and had his head pressed into her shoulder so he couldn't see the mess before him.

"Kaylee!" Jace yells out as he runs and meets Kaylee. He immediately takes the boy from Kaylee before bringing her into his side in a tight hug.

"we need to get rose to the camp to see the doctor. She isn't doing too well." Rachel interrupts the moment.

"mommy." The little boy in Jace's arms whimpers.

"Yes, lets move out." Dean says as he leads the group back to the camp.

"hi evan. My name is Jace. I am an old friend of your moms. I promise you; we will help your mother." Jace says after letting go of Kaylee. He was watching her movement with the sling on her arm.

"what about my daddy?" the boy asks looking up at dean. "is he in trouble? Mommy says he is a good guy, but I know that he is a bad guy. Not like lee she us a superhero." The boy says.

"your daddy has done some not nice things yes. But I didn't know that my mate is a superhero." Jace says deciding not to lie to the little boy.

"yes, she saved me and mommy from some bad guys. She says she isn't super, but she is." The boy whispers into dean's ear but with their werewolf hearing Kaylee heard all of it.

"ah I knew she was special but not that special." An hour walk they arrive at the camp. Very few wolves were hurt badly so the ones who were fine went to get some food and sleep before the long trip back to the pack tomorrow. Rose was taken immediately by the head doctor while a few nurses tended to the others. Kaylee and Rachel both received stiches while they just checked over Jace as he was starting to heal. Kaylee ended up getting a real sling for the arm so didn't pull the stitches out.

"thank the goddess that your going to be ok. I don't know what I would have done without you." Jace says placing a kiss on her forehead. He knew that nothing stood in his way of being with his mate. No threats being delivered by Steve.

"same to you. I can't wait to get back home and cuddles with you in our bed." Kaylee says. Everyone had left and it was Kaylee and Jace along with Evan who was sleeping with his head on Kaylee's lap. They were waiting to hear how rose was doing, sitting outside of the medical tent.

"it's the doctor." Jace says as a guy in a lab coat comes out of the tent. Jace stands up to talk to him while Kaylee stayed on the ground, so she didn't disturb the young boy.

"rose is going to be fine. I stitched up the deep wounds and she should heal in a few days. She did have some wolfsbane in her system so she would heal fast." Doctor robins says.

"thanks doc." Kaylee says.

"no problem. She is awake now and she will be out in a moment. I told her not to lift anything until she is healed." He explains. Rose comes out of the tent and walks over to the group. She was able to rest long enough to be able to walk. She had to walk slowly but she could walk.

"hello Jace." Rose says giving him a hug.

"hey, I'm glad your ok." Jace says hugging her back. "we did it this time, we are safe."

"yes, we are." Rose agrees. "Kaylee thank you so much for saving us. How are you doing?"

"no problem. Your like Jace's family and that means your family to me too. I will do anything to make sure my family is safe. I'm good, doctor robins' nurses stitched me up. I should be healed by tomorrow." Kaylee says.

"hey, rose, everyone is having a small party to celebrate the end of the war with a fire. Would you like to join us? We can put evan in your tent and let him sleep."

"sure, just show me where he is sleeping." She agrees. Once Evan was sleeping, they all walked down and found spots to sit on.

"hey you guys." Leo says as he comes and sits beside Kaylee. He hands her a beer and hands one to Jace as well.

"hey Leo. Thanks." Kaylee says. "rose do you want anything?"

"no thanks I'm good."

"Kaylee rivers. My favorite niece." Aden says as he walks over with alpha jax following.

"hey Aden, thanks for fighting with us. Jace I want you to meet alpha Aden. He and my mum grew up being like cousins."

"nice to meet you Jace. I'm glad my niece has found her mate." He says sitting down. Jax was staring at the girl who was sitting beside Jace. He knew she looked familiar, but he couldn't place his finger on it.

"Jace this is my buddy alpha jax. He and his pack have joined us as well." Aden adds in.

"Jax? Jax peters?" rose asks looking at him.

"You know him?" Kaylee asks.

"yeah he is my brother."

"rose is that you?" jax asks.

"yes, its me brother." Rose answers. She stands up and gives him hug.

"your sister? I thought she lives with her mate?" Aden asks.

"I did live with my mate. Not by choice. Steve the one who took Jace was my mate. When he found me, he took me from my parent's house to live with him. at the time I thought it was just a male wolf claiming his mate, but he only wanted me to calm his wolf." Rose explains when the two let go of each other.

"we looked everywhere for you. Steve told our parents that he was the alpha of a neighbouring pack. When we went there to visit you, we found Aden was the alpha and that Steve lied to us." Jax says, he goes to say something else, but a little voice interrupts the group.

"mommy!" evan says as he ran out and into the arms of his mother. "I thought you left me." Evan cries into his mother.

"no baby, I would never leave you. I'm so glad your ok."

"who's this little one?" jax says sitting on the next log over.

"Evan, I want you to meet your uncle Jax. Jax this is my son Evan."

"hi." Evan says.

"Its nice to meet you." Jax says. Over the next little while jax and rose get caught up and everyone enjoys celebrating their victory.

"dinner is served." Dean says. Dean, john and a few others hand out some hamburgers to the group.

"now that everyone has food. I want to thank everyone for coming out and fighting with us to save my son. Thirteen years Steve has been targeting my family and others with his group of rouges. I have my son back again and I'm so happy that he and Kaylee will be able to be happy together. So, if everyone can raise their glasses to Kaylee and Jace." John says holding his beer in the air.

"To Kaylee and Jace. The future alpha and Luna of the Howler pack." Dean says. "I also would like to celebrate something. Today was the first war that I have ever heard of that the good side didn't lose any members. We had a few wolves who were hurt but that was it. We managed to take out the rouge group no problem. So here to all of you family, friends and pack mates." Deans says. Everyone cheers and they all spend the night celebrating. Tomorrow they would be able to go back home to their loved ones. 

hope everyone enjoy Kaylee's and Jace's adventures. I hope to have the epilogue up soon

Katrinavalliere