Epilogue

1 year later...

The last year was super busy for Kaylee and Jace. Jace got to reconnect with his family. They spent lots of time together rebuilding their relationship. Kaylee was so close to his family that it felt like she was always a part of their family.

They even got to spend some time in alpha Jax's pack getting to know rose's family as she rejoined her old pack. Jace still thought of her as a mom and rose thought of him the same way. Rose met a man in her old pack who had lost his mate young and they were now dating. He accepted evan as if he was his own child and they were living together happily.

Jace managed to finish his alpha training and he and Kaylee moved out to his old pack. Leo and Grace moved with them, so grace could be close to her family. Grace was impatiently waiting for their little one to come. They wanted to wait and be surprised and waited to find out the gender when it was born.

Today Jace and Kaylee were going to officially take over as the alpha and Luna of the howler pack. Kaylee was in her room getting ready for the ceremony that afternoon. "I think you should wear this." Grace says holding onto a red summer dress. It had spaghetti straps and the middle of the back was open.

"great thanks." Kaylee says. She strips out of her shirt leaving her in her bra and her shorts. She slips the dress on over her head and walks over to the full-length mirror. The way the straps fell you could see the scar that she got from when the knife went into her shoulder. A couple of days after the big fight Kaylee got an infection in her wound which caused it to take longer to heal leaving the scar.

"we can cover that up if you want?" Grace says coming over and standing beside Kaylee, looking into her eyes through the mirror.

"No., I'm good. It's a reminder of what Jace and I had to go through to be here." Kaylee says. As she moves away. Her hair was up in a bun so that her neck was showing. Her mate mark was in full view for everyone to see.

"ok. Now let's do your makeup." Grace says as she guides Kaylee to a chair. Once Kaylee's makeup was done there was a knock on the door. "come in." grace calls out.

"hey girls. Kaylee you look amazing." Emma says as she comes into the room. Sitting on her hip was her little boy. Ian John rivers.

"Hey you made it." Kaylee says coming over and stealing her nephew from his mom. "how my favorite little boy?" Kaylee says tickling his stomach.

"he is good. He had a really nice nap today so he should be happy during the ceremony."

"good. He likes to be happy around me. I'm his favorite aunt." Kaylee laughs.

"that you are." Emma laughs. Sitting on the bed enjoying not having a baby on her hip. "so, are you ready to be a fellow Luna?" she asks. Her and toby have officially become the alpha and Luna of their pack right after the war.

"yes." Kaylee says as there was another knock on the door.

"hey girls. Kaylee the ceremony is about to being." Ellen says as she comes into the room.

"ok I'm ready." Kaylee says handing Ian back to his mother.

"you girls should go and take your seats." Ellen says to the girls.

"ok, good luck Kaylee we will see you later." Emma says as she and Grace leave the room.

"come the boys are on stage already." Ellen says leading Kaylee from the room. They go down the stairs and out the patio doors at the back of the house. They walk the five minutes to the pack house and walk around to the meeting spot.

The backyard was set up like a wedding. There was a isle down the middle of the seating area. At the front stood a stage which held john and Jace along with the beta family and the gamma family of the howler pack. Jace smiles when he saw his mate walking down the isle to come up on the stage.

Once Kaylee reaches the stage she goes and stands beside Jace. "you look beautiful."

"thank you, you don't look to bad yourself." She jokes.

"Are you two ready to start?" john asks the young couple. Jace and Kaylee look towards each other before Kaylee answers.

"we are ready."

"ok everyone we are going to being." John announces to the pack. "hello and welcome to the alpha and luna ceremony of the Howler pack. We first would like to acknowledge that the day we thought wasn't going to happen a few years ago is here. Jace our first-born pup will take over as the alpha of the pack. Jace and Kaylee have been though a lot to make it here today and I want to show them how much we appreciate Kaylee's bravery to save her mate." John says and the crowd a claps for them.

"Now Jace and Kaylee do you promise to serve the pack. To keep the safety of the pack and its land a top priority for as long as you rein?" john asks the two.

"I do." They both say.

"great Alvin can I have the blade." John asks his beta who hands him a small knife.

"Jace do you pledge yourself to lead the pack? To serve and protect the members of the howler pack?" john says grabbing onto Jace's hand.

"I pledge myself to the howler pack." Jace says as his dad slices his hand and holding it over the front of the stage allowing his blood to drip down onto the soil. Jace steps back as Kaylee takes his place.

"Kaylee do you pledge yourself to lead the pack along side your alpha mate. To protect and become a mother figures to the members of the howler pack?"

"I pledge myself the howler pack." Kaylee says as john repeats the process with Kaylee. Their blood combines on the dirt and will be absorbed into the packs ground. Jace then steps forward and grabs onto Kaylee's hand and john grabs their joined hands.

"Howler pack I am proud to introduce the new alpha and Luna of the howler pack. Alpha Jace and his Luna Kaylee!" john says raising the hands into the air. He then steps back and allows the young couple to stand in the spotlight.

"thank you, howler pack. We would like to announce that we have decided who will take over as the beta for the pack as beta Alvin doesn't have any kids. We would like to introduce your new beta Leo and his mate and my sister grace." Jace announces to the crowd.

"thank you Jace. We promise to serve the pack as best as we can." Leo says.

"I know you will." Jace says. "Now I would like everyone to join us in a pack run lead by our new leaders."

.

.

.

"I think its time we head in." Jace says to Kaylee hours into the reception.

"Alright. Good night you guys." Kaylee says to her friends who were sitting at the table with them. after the pack run the cook had prepared a dinner consisting of beef on the bun, many different salads and a few other sides. There was dancing and mingling along the pack members.

"night." Everyone choruses. Jace leads Kaylee back to their house saying goodbye to any pack members they passed on the way. They head up stairs and into their room. Kaylee heads into the closet and grabs once of Jace's shirts and a new pair of underwear and heads towards the bathroom.

"Well are you joining me?" she asks walking into the bathroom.

"you bet." Jace says grabbing a pair of bottoms and following his mate. After their shower the couple were laying in their bed and enjoying being just the two of them. "I think I'm ready for a family. A family that can be happy together." Jace says looking over at Kaylee.

"are you sure. We don't need to rush into anything."

"I'm sure. I want to have a family with you." He whispers leaning down and placing a kiss on Kaylee's lips.

"Then let's start our family."

The end...