giving up... not

Beep, beep, beep.

The sound of the heart monitor sounded in the hospital room. Kaylee was sitting on the couch staring off into space trying to contact Jace through their mind link. Her hand was moving like it had a mind of its own. It was playing with grace hair as she slept on Kaylee's lap. After hours of waiting in the waiting room, they were able to get into Leo's room.

Leo was now in a stable condition but was in a coma. The wolves that attacked were carrying silver that was now in Leo's blood stream. He had many scratches on his body and a few were deep enough to need stiches. The silver slowing down his healing. Grace was hysterical when she was able to go and see her mate. It took five hours for Kaylee to get her calmed down enough to rest her body.

Outside the storm was still going strong. The only place in the entire pack that had power was this hospital, which had back up generator everywhere. Kaylee could hear the rain pelting down on the roof of the building. A grey day outside matched many of the moods happening among the pack.

"hey, how you are doing?" Emma asks walking in the room followed by toby.

"I'm ok, my wolf won't talk to me." Kaylee says breaking her silence.

"that's terrible." Emma says.

"Kaylee, I'm sorry we couldn't get to Jace and Leo in time. By the time they contacted us for help it was too late." Toby says to his sister. His heart hurt watching her suffer. He couldn't imagine how it feels when your mate is taken. This thought cased him to pull Emma tightly to his side.

"toby its not your fault, it's nobody's. Those rouges were planning this for a while. They knew where we were and were probably watching us for months. The storm was a great distraction for them to make their move. Steve is going to pay for what he has done." Kaylee says growling out the last part.

The growl ended up waking up Grace who sat up. She was kind of hoping that when she woke up this would all be a dream. Her brother was taken once again, and her mate was laying on his hospital bed after trying to save his friend.

"hey, how are you doing?" Kaylee asks Emma. There was a long pause and the only sound in the room was the beeping coming from the heart monitor.

"I'm calmer than I was earlier."

"that's good. You need to eat something." Kaylee says.

"I'll get you something to eat I'll be back." Toby says leaving the room.

"guys I'm not really hungry." Grace says.

"well you can eat anyway. You haven't eaten recently." Emma says. "I personally eat like every two hours."

"well, you're pregnant, so your schedule is different." Kaylee jokes. Ten minutes later toby returns with food for everyone.

"hey, we have to go, training starts in ten minutes." Toby says once everyone finishes eating.

"I'll stay and keep her company as toby won't let me train." Emma says looking at her mate.

"hey once the baby is here and is grown enough for us to leave her you will go right back into training but for now, you need to protect our little alpha." Toby answers placing a kiss on her lips.

"see you later grace. Call or mind link me if you need anything and I will be right over." Kaylee says standing up.

"I will. Besides mom and dad should be here soon as long as the roads aren't to bad." Grace says. Her parents had refused to stay home until the storm ended. They were lucky and didn't get hit as bad as this pack had.