"This Was It" (Part 5)

My feet were perfectly reflecting the pace of the guitar from a young girls cover of Jessie J’s ‘Domino’ (*SONG IN SIDEBAR*). Subconsciously, I began brushing at my hair with my overly shaky hands. This was it. Julian was waiting for me under the cascading fairy lights I’d viewed earlier during the night. I just could not believe that he’d gone out of his way to contact me. I was living every girls dream fairy tale. It was perfect, yet almost too perfect. What if this was all a hoax? What if he was already in love and was only meeting with me to simply retrieve his phone? What if deep down he really was like Tim? Dark thoughts swarmed deep in my mind; I was talking myself out of this.

-I can see you. X

I brushed the thoughts aside; it was time to stop overanalysing things and just live in the present. My heart skipped a beat as I scanned the nearby crowd. I was close. Adrenalin surged through my body as I rapidly searched. My eyes lingered on a boy hidden by the shadow of a tree. He had a phone in his hand and a smile to go with it. I couldn’t be certain, but it sure did look like Julian. Turning, I advanced towards the boy, taking deep breaths to control my fast-paced heart.

-You’re getting colder. X

My feet came to an abrupt standstill. Okay, so if that guy wasn’t Julian then where could he be? Frustration was getting the better of me; all I wanted was to find him and he was making it difficult. Though I couldn’t help but smile at his attempt to be mysterious and romantic. We hadn’t even met up yet and I was beginning to like him more.

-Julian, where are you? I’m looking, but not seeing?

‘BUZZ!’ – Finally! Some answers.

-No new messages-

What? But I swear that–––

I felt his breath on my neck, “I’m right behind you.”