Chapter 3

Songs-

Apologize by OneRepublic

Beggin For Thread by Banks

Demons by Imagine Dragons~

Chapter 3

It's absolutely freezing out here in the snow, as the small bits of it mixed with tiny pieces of ice pound against my face. I head out as quickly and as far as possible till I think I'm safe enough to turn on the GPS. When I turn it on it says to turn right, so I do as I'm told and head out.

After about a half hour to an hour, I see a small red dot on my screen. It looks like another signal. I guess my Dauntlessness and Erudite get the best of me because after a few seconds I'm headed straight towards the dot, which might not be the best choice. It's a few yards away from me when I see the signal moving.

Away.

I wish it wasn't snowing so I could actually see a few feet in front of me. I instantly turn of my GPS so they can't see my signal and run the direction the red dot was headed in so they won't see me coming. Before long I see a dark figure in front of me. I get closer to see they are turned around carefully scanning their GPS. I look the figure up and down.

"Uriah?" I croak. I meant for it to be louder but I guess the cold does things to your voice. The manly figure snaps around quickly. They take a few cautious steps towards me.

"Tris? Is that you?" The person that is now surely Uriah comes up right next to my face. He tosses his arms around me.

We stay like this for a about a minute or so. It's nice seeing him since I thought he was as good as dead, but I think we can both agree we stayed this way for as long as we did because it was warmer. He finally speaks into the back of my head.

"I love our whole reunion thing, but I think we should get back to our city and far away from this place asap (not A-S-A-P, asap, slurred)."

"Asap?" I question him as I pull away and turn on my GPS.

"Yea, asap." He says. It sounds like something Amity because it had the word 'sap' in it. "I think it's supposed to be... A thing."

I laugh. It feels good to laugh just because I haven't laughed, for, well I don't know how long. "Like pansycake I suppose?" I question him.

Even though I can barely see him I can feel his smirk. He asks me after a few moments, "Did you get rescued by Matthew too?" I can feel the guilt pile on my chest as I think about what might happen to him.

"Yea," I mumble quietly. He just nods. I remember when I found out he was Divergent, when we were in Erudite headquarters.

We walk along in silence for awhile. Not really speaking, just knowing the other person was there by the crunching sounds of their feet was enough for both of us to have reassurance. The silence was quite relaxed. It wasn't the kind of silence that was eating away at your soul piece by piece.

After about an hour or so with only mild chit-chat, my brain starts turning. It's like all the gears in my head are trying to move and complicate things. Memories flood into my brain, bad ones, getting almost thrown into the chasm, shooting Will, Erudite headquarters, getting shot, experiments, nightmares, and worse. A searing pain stabs into my head over and over again, like a dull dagger slicing into it. A high pitched notice fills my ears, threatening to explode my eardrums. I scream myself, although I don't know how loud because I can't hear it, I only feel it coming out of my mouth.

I fall to the ground, putting my hands over my ears and squeezing my head with full force, trying to get rid of the pain, both emotionally and physically. I think I feel cold tears freeze as they run down my face at a rapid pace. I continue screaming. It isn't a moment before Uriah rushes down to me, shaking my shoulders and trying to yell things that I can barely hear at me, like "what's wrong?" And "what's happening?". I just shake my head and continue, closing my eyes, until I feel a lift and I completely black out.