Chapter 11

Songs~

Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo

Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood 

Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys

Hold On, We're Going Home by Drake

Chapter 11

(A/N- I know that a lot of you wanted Tobias’s P.O.V. because you want him to remember Tris, but I guess I’ll tell you that that is not how he is going to remember her.  It will come soon, but some other things need to happen.)

Tris’s P.O.V.

It’s been a week since the party.  After that incident I was embarrassed and lonely so I just went back to Christina’s apartment and slept, only to be woken up in the middle of the night because she was so drunk she didn’t remember she had a key.  

On Monday I started my job as Dauntless Leader along with Max, a guy named Dan, and we are still looking for a fourth leader.  We each have managers, and sadly, Lindsey was assigned to me.  However thats not exactly the bad part.  In only 5 days,  I’ve found her to actually be nice, not bitchy like I hoped she would be.  

She’s only brought up Tobias once briefly, but I think thats mostly because of the ending of the first time I met her.  I don’t think I was reported by her though, or I would have been fired before I even started my job.  Lindsey always tries to make polite conversation with me when we aren’t busy, or offers to have me over.  I’ve felt bad because I always deny her.  Mostly because I don’t want to run into Tobias and I didn’t get my own apartment till today to invite her over.  Christina and I are going to move my minimal things into my apartment this weekend and get me adjusted however.  

I work from 8 am to 4 pm on weekdays, except Wednesday and I have to go to other events that we have sometimes.  I get to eat at 11:45 pm for an hour, but Christina doesn’t have the same lunch break.  I don’t know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.  Although Lindsey always sits with me. 

~~~~~~

I plop down onto my usual seat at my usual table at 11:55, after being in the lunch line for ten minutes.  Now that anyone can join Dauntless, through various levels of intensive training, there are so many people here.  No wonder there’s been so little food tot go around now.  I’ve even heard that Amity is boosting the amount of points people earn if they join their faction because there’s such a high demand for farmers and their produce.  Not to mention it’s winter.

After a few minutes Lindsey sits down next to me; gracefully.  I glance at her, looking at her beautiful styled blonde hair, her plump lips, and her long, pair-shaped figure.  I feel a small twinge of jealousy towards her appearance.  She has everything to offer, and I have nothing.

“Are you free this weekend?” She asks me, her eyes glimmering with hopefulness.  I hesitate.  I am technically free on Sunday, because we have nothing for work and Christina works that day.  I guess I should probably just be nice and ask her to come over on Sunday.  I sigh under my breath.

“Um,.. Yea.  Do you want to come to my place on Sunday?”  I ask.

“Sure,” she responds grinning.

She then proceeds to talk to me about random things, one of them being the fact of her loneliness, since Tobias has been busy as a full time trainer for the all the initiates, young and old, who want to make it into Dauntless.  I do have to clench my fists, because she talks about him with so much love and passion.  I wish I could talk that way about him, because I would.  But he’s not mine.  He was stolen.  And I need him back.