Chapter 7

Songs:

A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay

I Need You by M83

Stolen Dance by Milky Chance

Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding~

Chapter 7

I pull myself back around the corner, smacking Christina's hand off of me, and betting they didn't see me. I feel some hot tears running down my cheek and Christina is looking at me sorrowfully. I pull myself up and run back the other way to her apartment, hearing her trying to keep up behind me. I run into the bedroom and sit down on the edge of her messy bed. I put my hands over my mouth to try to stifle sobs, but it doesn't work very well. She comes running in and sits down beside me. I look over and see she has some tears in her own eyes.

"I'm so sorry Tris," she tries to start, but I cut her off.

"It's not your fault!" I say loudly. I don't know what to do, all I want is for him to remember me. I try to think, but my head throbs, almost as bad as my chest. I stop sobbing and sigh, still letting tears run down my cheeks.

"What is her name?" I ask her.

"What? Oh, it's, um, Lindsey," she says quietly. I nod. I don't know why I asked, but I had to know.

"And, does she,-" I sniffle, not knowing if I really want to know the answer. "Does she,- treat him right?" I finally say.

She sighs and looks away, saying quietly, "Yes, she does, I'm afraid." I start crying more, my tears getting more plentiful. I lay down and burry my face in one of her pillows. (Play I Need You by M83 now) I can't live watching him love somebody else, he kept me pulled together all those crazy months, in initiation and through the war. He protected me, he made sure I didn't get myself killed. He kept me going even if I felt like I was going insane. I chose me over and over again, and I chose him, even if we were in a fight. He mended me, we mended each other. I need him, I need him more than anything. I need to steal him back.

Christina pulls me into a hug. My tears stain her uniform, making it soaking wet and cold to lay my head on, but I don't care. I wish it was Tobias that was pulling me into a hug, but I doubt that will ever happen again. After a few minutes when I run my thoughts out of my head, my tears start to lessen, and then stop. Christina speaks again.

"Do you want to go to the cafeteria? I can put some makeup over your eyes and give you some clothes," she pushes me back a little while talking to me.

I nod my head and say, "Sure." She gets up and finds some black sweatpants that are probably a little to long for me and just a plain black t-shirt and hands them to me, finding some own clothes for herself.

"I'll go in the bathroom, you can change in here," she tells me and then walks into the bathroom. I pull off my hospital gown I forgot I was wearing and notice I need an extra piece of underclothing. I walk over and pull out a black sports bra from one of her drawers and hope that it's small enough. It's probably the best bet I have rather than a real one. I pull it on and slip on the sweatpants and the t-shirt.

After another minute or so she finally comes out of the bathroom and I notice she put on some makeup, which doesn't surprise me. She waves me over and I step on the bathroom. She forces a brush through my overgrown hair and applies eyeliner to my puffy eyes. She also put skin colored makeup over my cheeks and other areas to help hide the bright red. When I look in the mirror it still looks like I've been crying, but I don't really care anymore. I pull on a pair of her combat boots and we head out to the cafeteria.

Once we get there I follow her into the line and I guess it's dinner time, because they're serving hamburgers. I take one and put some ketchup on it, then follow Christina out of the line.

"Where are we going to sit?" I ask her in a rough voice. She motions toward a random table on the left side of the room where Zeke, Shauna, and Uriah were seated. I nodded and we walked over to the table. When we got there Shauna was gagging on her hamburger and Zeke was laughing his pants off, while Uriah was grinning evilly.

"Hey," Christina said when she sat down, me sitting next to her on the opposite side of Uriah. Shauna stopped gagging finally and looked nervously at me, then snapped her gaze back at Christina.

"Hey," she said.

"Do you wanna hear about Jim the Ice Cream Man?" Uriah asked Christina.

Shauna spit out a little of the water she was drinking in his direction. "No!" She yelled. Uriah and Zeke burst out laughing. After a minute they finally stopped and Zeke spoke.

"How are you guys doing?" He asked while looking between me and Christina. She responded almost instantly with a sound of nervousness is her voice.

"Good."

Zeke spoke again. "It's good to have you back, Tris," he said. I just nodded and continued to stare and pick at my food while everyone else made small talk. I looked down and picked a few pieces of bread of the bun of my hamburger. After a few minutes of zoning out Christina nudged me.

"Hmm?" I asked looking up at her.

"Eat your food," she ordered, "you look like you've been starved for months."

Then Uriah spoke, "Well we kinda were." He was shoving a huge piece of Dauntless cake into his mouth as he talked.

"Well by the way your eating little bro, we could never tell." Zeke spoke, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"You ate almost all the food in our apartment," Shauna added. Uriah just rolled his eyes.

"Deal with it, you can buy more you pansycakes." He said. We all burst out laughing. It felt good to laugh finally, like it was lifting some weight that I hadn't noticed was resting on my chest.

There was a deep pain in the empty pit in my stomach, but no matter how much I tried to convince myself to eat, it made me feel like I was going to throw up. After awhile Christina gave up on begging me to eat and we said goodbye and left the cafeteria.

When we got to her apartment we decided to work on something to do in the morning and we just watched an episode of some show she was obsessed with called Doctor Who. She was going to show me some other movie that looked like it had a couple on the front put thinking about it for a few seconds decided instantly against it. Doctor Who was pretty interesting, but half the time I was confused because I didn't know what anything or who anyone was.

Christina flipped off the TV and looked over at me. "Are you ready to go to bed?" She asked me. My eyes were almost closed and I felt on the verge of sleep so I just nodded my head. "You can sleep on my bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"Wait, no, you sleep in your bed, I'll sleep here," I said as she started to pull me off.

"No no no, I insist, you're the guest," she said.

"But it's your house, I can't just invade on all your space," I said, my abnegation showing.

"Tris," she said looking me in the eyes. "Go sleep in my bed, I'm fine."

I sighed in defeat and walked a few feet into her small bedroom. I laid down and sensed discomfort, so I immediately removed her bra. Soon after that I tried to clear my head of Tobias and Lindsey and fell into a deep sleep.

******

Sort of a filler chapter, but I'll try to post again soon. Thanks you SO SO SO MUCH for all the support and feedback! If you have any ideas or comments for the story (other than for him to remember Tris because I'm not that heartless it will happen eventually,) then please comment! I'm kind of running out of ideas without Tobias <4.

~> read, comment, vote, and fangirl! <~