Chapter 3- The Trip

Knock Knock Knock. "Leonard!' Knock knock knock. "Leonard!" Knock knock knock. "Leo-"

"Come in!" Leonard rolled over in his bed, covering his ears with his pillow. The events of last night came rushing to him again and he sank deeper into his bed.

"Leonard, you're aware that our flight is in ten hours?" Sheldon entered, arms akimbo.

"I'm nawt goin", Leonard mumbled, his voice muffled by the soft pillow.

"Excuse me? Do you mind-"

Leonard flung his pillow to the ground in frustration. "I said I'm not going, ok? I'm just not in the mood."

"Well," Sheldon mused thoughtfully. "I believe that has something to do with your failure to have coitus with Penny last night?"

"SHELDON!!" Leonard exclaimed, glaring at his best friend who was actually right for once. "Besides... Penny lost her ticket." he hung his head sadly.

"I anticipated that." Sheldon said triumphantly. "And I admit, I'm not exactly crying over that."

"You're happy she can't go?" Leonard frowned.

"Well, I'm not unhappy." Sheldon conceded. "Anyway, I believe that when fights between couples break out, social convention suggests that the right thing to do is for the man to make it up to the lady in whatever way you deem fit."

"How?" Leonard asked desperately.

"We are going to Hollywood, aren't we?" Sheldon hinted.

"Well... yes... you want me to give her my ticket?? Sheldon, I'm afraid I can't... this means a lot to me. And I bet even if she got the ticket, who knows what she'll lose next, her luggage maybe?" Leonard said sarcastically.

"I was just going to say, you could get an autograph from her favourite celebrity, but hey, I'm Sheldon and I can't even tell sarcasm from irony. Or maybe they're the same thing. Ah well. Just get ready by 10am. We have to drive to Howard's and Raj's to pick them up."  Sheldon left the room quickly.

 When 10am rolled around, he still didn't feel any better but he knew he had to perk himself up to make the best of the trip.

So to take his mind off things, he decided, for the first and possibly last time in his life, to play Sheldon's car/road trip games.

"Ok, let's play the Periodic Table of Elements game. I'll go first. Actinium."

Leonard tapped his fingers on the dashboard. "Aluminium."

"Americium."

And so it went on. Of course, Sheldon won.

"HOWARD WHERE ARE YOU GOIN?!" Howard's mom yelled as Howard exited his house when he finally spotted Leonard's car on the driveway.

"I TOLD YOU SINCE LAST NIGHT MA, I'M GOING TO HOLLYWOOD."

"WELL HOW'D YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT? GET ME TOM CRUISE'S SIGNATURE THEN!"

"YES MOM!" Howard rolled his eyes and yelled at the top of his voice.

"Ugh. Women," Howard grumbled as he stepped into Leonard's backseat.

"Can we change the topic?" Leonard felt like hitting his head against the wall as Penny's voice rang out from his mind again.

"Penny, eh?" Howard said understandingly. "Well, Bernadette was against my going."

"Why?" Leonard was surprised that the usually agreeable and meek girl didn't approve of a work trip.

"She thinks I'll hook up with someone." Howard sighed.

"Think?" Sheldon raised an eyebrow. "Don't you mean 'know'?"

"Sheldon. She's different okay," Howard insisted.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but you know when men usually embark on such trips, they tend to let their eyes roam. Of course, I'm keeping my eyes on Amy, even though I admit that she is not the most physically appealing woman I will see from now." Sheldon admitted. "Don't tell her I said this." he warned.

"Oh, we wouldn't." Howard said airily, a playful smile on his face. "If you learn to have a little fun."

"I'm afraid I don't get your meaning." Sheldon said curtly.

While Howard continued to tease Sheldon, Leonard finally reached Raj's. He honked thrice and waited for a few minutes before their Indian friend came down with his huge luggage.

"Dude, we're not going to the Arctic." Howard commented, his eyes widening.

"Bro, you have no idea how many souvenirs I'm planning to get." Raj said, excited. "And I hear there are many good bars there so i can get drunk with a different alcoholic drink every day." he rubbed his palms together gleefully.

Leonard sat there quietly as his friends chattered on about the plausible scenarios and girls that they'd meet, still mulling over how he was going to win Penny over again when he returned home.

A/n: how is it? leave your comments and don't forget to vote and share if you like it! thanks! x