Chapter 9- The Lie

Bernadette felt like hell.
She'd sugarcoated her pregnancy over the phone with Penny. She didn't want to put a damper on things or for Penny to spill the news to Howard in anxiety.
But how she wished her horny and short boyfriend was here to cuddle up with her and cheer her up.
The doorbell rang. Probably the mailman. But I didn't order anything recently...and Howard has been trying to make it up to me from that time where he splurged on the 3D printer... so he has been saving up. She sighed. I knew I couldn't trust his words.
Grabbing her sick pail, she staggered over to open the door.
'My darling!' A pair of arms flew out and almost squeezed the life out of her small frame before she could even register the deep voice or the bowl haircut.
'Howard?! What...! ' Bernadette was stunned to silence.
'Babe, how could you not tell me!' Howard exclaimed in an exasperating tone. 'Shit, I mean, it isn't your fault, it's mine for neglecting you, but you gotta remember as the father, I have the right to know too.'
Howard was on a roll. 'Anyway, this is Mikayla, an actress I met on set. She's here to help you out. '
'Ohh, thank you so much,' Bernadette smiled tiredly, her mind still trying to process Howard's sudden appearance.
'My pleasure. Oh sweetie, you look really washed out. Go lie down first, I'll make some soup. ' Mikayla put on a sympathetic expression. I'm so glad I'm an actress. An Oscar -nominated one at that.
As Howard helped his girlfriend to her room, a plan formed in her quick-witted mind.
'Howard, ' Mikayla hissed in a low voice when he came out to the kitchen.
'Yeah? '
'I... I have something to tell you. The truth, actually. ' Mikayla wrung her hands nervously.
'About...? ' Howard squinted.
'Remember that time we drank a lot?'
'Yeah, wild night huh,' Howard smirked.
'Well... I lied. Leonard actually left both of us alone and I ended up in your room. But when you awoke... I had already left. ' Mikayla looked ashamed.
'Ohmygosh Mikayla... I...man, I am just so sorry... ' Howard covered his mouth with a palm.
'The thing is,' she said softly.'I'm pregnant. '
A curse word flew out of his mouth before he could stop it. 'You're kidding. It's too much of a coincidence.'
'If you don't believe me, here is the DNA test I took. I wish it was just a nightmare as well,but... I didn't want to put pressure on you, especially since Bernadette... '
'Oh man this is so so screwed. ' Howard clutched his head. 'I hate myself for saying this, but do you really want to keep the baby?'
'It's a life. Of course I do. Listen, noone has to know. Just... give me money for my expenses from now on and I won't bug you anymore. ' Mikayla mustered a small tear which trickled down her cheek.
'If you're Fine with that. ' Howard was shaking. 'Mikayla, if you need anything at all,just say it. But there's one thing I want you to do -do not let Bernadette know about this. ' fear shone in his usually bright eyes. 'Got it?'
'Of course. ' Mikayla wiped her tear on her sleeve.
'Now, you go rest while I'll just... uhm, order some takeaway.' Howard proposed,feeling very flustered.
'Thank-you,' Mikayla said meekly.
Damn, wasn't that a piece of  cake?

A/N: Vote and comment! x