Chapter 16-The Unexpected

'SURPRISE!!!'

Amy's hand flew to her mouth in shock as she slowly took in the scene before her.

Her favourite food and drink were just one of the many dishes on the long table in front of her. Besides that, there was a TV connected to a Wii sports system. The guys all looked sweaty but happy.

'Where's Penny? '

Amy couldn't help but smile. 'She got a little overexcited and passed out. But she'll be fine and here in no time. However, what's the meaning of all these?' Amy spread her arms out, gesturing at the feast laid out before her.

Sheldon stepped forward awkwardly. 'Amy Farrah Fowler, I have been mulling over this matter for the past few days, and I've come to a decision that I simply cannot stand your absence in my life. Therefore, as social conventions go, this is my way of apologizing for being presumptuous and insensitive.' Sheldon said quickly and smoothly.

'Well, Sheldon Cooper... one cannot help but be overwhelmed by emotions at your heartwarming gesture. I suppose I could give you another chance. '

As all the other guys awwed at the sweet exchange between the couple, Howard's phone vibrated.
I got the hint. I won't stand in your way anymore. All this time, I was delusional. I hope you're happy with your choice. As for our baby, I'll take care of it with Chase.

'WHAT?!' Howard shrieked. His face turned purple. 'That Mikayla! ' he quickly grabbed a passing nurse's phone and ran out to the corridor, hiding behind a potted plant.

'Hello?"

'Mikayla, please come quick to Bernadette's place.'

'Uh, I'm not sure... ' Mikayla hesitated.

'Please. Just hurry. She's in trouble and I can't call anyone else or do anything because my internet connection is done and the other guys went out of town.' Howard fibbed.

'Ok.I'll be there.' Relief flooded her worried tone.

'Oohh, that bitch is so going to get it. Have fun, gentlemen. I'll be back as soon as I can. Right now... I have some revenge to exact. ' Winking at Raj, he quickly tore out of the room.

'What's going on?' Amy felt perplexed, an emotion usually foreign to her.

'During your absence, let's just say a lot has happened. ' Sheldon mustered his courage and put an arm around Amy's shoulders. 'Come on, Amy Farrah Fowler, you owe me a game to beat you in.'

'Wait for another million years, Sheldon Cooper. ' Amy picked up the controller immediately, a determined expression on her stern face.

'Where did that punk go?!?' The enraged nurse yelled. 'He took my goddamn phone!'

Raj simply shrugged, while Leonard defended his friend by saying innocently, 'You shouldn't even be on your phone during working hours, miss. '

'You're lucky that was a disposable. ' the nurse glared. 'And what are you guys doing here, having a party in the ICU?'

'We received  permission from Dr Scurfier to use this location temporarily and made him a handsome sum of money. ' Sheldon said truthfully.

'I'm going to have you lot of gangsters reported. ' she raged, then stormed out.

'She must be ovulating now. ' Amy commented with a raised brow.

A/N: lol, I really wanted to end it here but looks like I've got more!  What did Bernadette receive in her email that shocked her so badly?  What will Howard do in his plan for revenge?  And remember, the other guys haven't had their last laugh with the girls who conned them either. (;
Comment and vote! x